Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC Strategy for Wildlife Questionnaire

Re: BC Strategy for Wildlife Questionnaire

Very nice input guys. Thanks for sharing. Will help me when I draft my own up soon!!

I mentioned that using wildlife management as a reconciliation tool is not appropriate. It will only draw more of what little resources are put into wildlife management. It's a distraction. We're all in this together so lets not play identity politics and get on with the work at hand.

Any effort for sustainable wildlife recovery requires 2 key things.

1) Funding
    2) Political will

If I read one more comment on "REGULATION" changes as the answer, we are doomed.

We need to make more wildlife.
    We need a sustainable funding model.
    We need Gov to recognize how critical the situation is.
    We need them to get behind and commit to making wildlife a priority in this province.

A crossbow regulation this, shorter season that.... will do absolutely FA in wildlife recovery.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

1) Funding
    2) Political will

If I read one more comment on "REGULATION" changes as the answer, we are doomed.

We need them to get behind and commit to making wildlife a priority in this province.

A crossbow regulation this, shorter season that.... will do absolutely FA in wildlife recovery.
    Exactly,^^^^^^^funding.
    the political will is absent thus far to make more game, lets see what happens.

It would be difficult to write a pamphlet of less substance than that in "Together for Wildlife". It appeared to be mostly geared toward making us understand the importance of the "Indigenous community" and how we should look at this as an opportunity to further reconciliation. I saw little or nothing about trying to recover wildlife populations or habitat. GD

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

1) Funding
    2) Political will

Well said. Funding, political will.

and I would add legislated population targets although that can be part of the first 2 key things.

Anything else is missing the big picture

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    It would be difficult to write a pamphlet of less substance than that in "Together for Wildlife". It appeared to be mostly geared toward making us understand the importance of the "Indigenous community" and how we should look at this as an opportunity to further reconciliation. I saw little or nothing about trying to recover wildlife populations or habitat. GD
    this was my take on the "strategy" as well! more talk, more plans, more time as habitat continues to degrade and talks continue. frustrating to say the least. the time for talk is over, the time for real measures to improve habitat and therefore wildlife is now.

Thumbs up Re: BC Strategy for Wildlife Questionnaire

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    BINGO!! Nailed It!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

My response to this suggested it was important to document this "Together for Wildlife" came about because hunters demanded it. We made it an election issue. We are the ones holding Government responsible to deliver. Documents of this nature south of the border use words like, hunting, hunter, hunt. It seems the NDP saw this 'wildlife plan' as a logical merger to Indigenous reconciliation. The two files are distinct. For me, we need words that suggest the target is 'huntable' populations. Not just sustainable.

They sure don't give much room for feedback. They want to hear what we have to say but not too much. Anyone else only able to put 2-4 sentences before being cut off or is it just me?