Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC Strategy for Wildlife Questionnaire

Re: BC Strategy for Wildlife Questionnaire

I think most of us would agree with this letter in the Vancouver Sun regarding the strategy...

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/op-...dlife-strategy

[QUOTE=J_T;2144056For me, we need words that suggest the target is 'huntable' populations. Not just sustainable.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% JT. This wording cannot be ambiguous and open in any way to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by m5wilson View Post
    They sure don't give much room for feedback. They want to hear what we have to say but not too much. Anyone else only able to put 2-4 sentences before being cut off or is it just me?
    I sent them the entire document back with my edits. I sent it directly to Chris Hamilton and Jennifer Psyllakis.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I sent them the entire document back with my edits. I sent it directly to Chris Hamilton and Jennifer Psyllakis.
    Good on ya. Trying to do my part but will have to think more outside the box in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Stroodle View Post
    I just read the BC Strategy and have a lot of trouble agreeing to all the involvement of "First Nations" and their "traditional" input through "stories" handed down from generation to generation. Have you ever played the telephone game and seen the results of that??? I understand the desire to "include" all members of our province, but am absolutely sickened by the wording and special privilege continually stuffed down my throat. Talk about instilling racism by our government. I am trying to be accepting to all ideas but some of this makes me want to puke. That said, Nog, I like your suggested points and will incorporate them into my additions. I hope others take the time to make their points as well.
    My input took the tone of: “I was born in BC, and feel ALL people should be treated equally, and be governed by the same set of rules and regulations. Special interest groups, specifically FNs, having different regulations is divisive, and in a sense a form of reverse racism. Governing our resources based on things that occurred 100+ years ago is folly”.

I somehow doubt that they will take any of my input to heart.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    I mentioned that using wildlife management as a reconciliation tool is not appropriate. It will only draw more of what little resources are put into wildlife management. It's a distraction. We're all in this together so lets not play identity politics and get on with the work at hand.
    Well said!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I commented that FN hunting/angling needed to have SOME limitations. I didn't bother trying to suggest that they should follow all the same regs that we have to, cause that's simply not going to happen regardless. But there NEEDS to be some kind of limits in place, or the entirety of the strategy is little more than wasted effort.

Exclamation Re: BC Strategy for Wildlife Questionnaire

DEADLINE: TODAY, January 9, 2020 at 4:00pm PST.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Filled it all out "TWICE" and then hit submit and get "Timed OUT"!!????????????WTF