Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wildlife Groups Want Body Cams on B.C. Conservation Officers

Re: Wildlife Groups Want Body Cams on B.C. Conservation Officers

They should stop keeping records, it should be a 'need to know' policy. Nobody really needs to know how many are being destroyed, all it does is provide ammo for the bun heads.

Doing that would give their lawyers more ammo to use against nuisance animal destruction. Making every CO question if he or she should shoot the problem animal. Then on the other hand the SPCA destroys more cats and dogs in a month than CO's do animals in a year.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Are Casavant and Ben Isitt related,they have to be can't be 2 people that stupid who aren't related.
    Lol. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    They should stop keeping records, it should be a 'need to know' policy. Nobody really needs to know how many are being destroyed, all it does is provide ammo for the bun heads.
    Have to disagree with you on this one. What people need to know how many are destroyed and why. The vast majority are habituated problem animals or aggressive animals known to be a public safety concern. Call it what it is, punish those that habituate these animals. They are the ones that are killing them. The CO's are just the ones expected to resolve the problem that in many cases was caused by someone else.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 01-05-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Every dealing I've had with a CO has been a good experience. That said, they are law enforcement officers, and should wear body cams.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandeer View Post
    The left is so deranged.
    Give it a break. Radical animal rights organizations have nothing to do with left ideology. Marx was silent on conservation issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Every dealing I've had with a CO has been a good experience. That said, they are law enforcement officers, and should wear body cams.
    Not many police services are wearing body cams in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I think its a good idea. Besides showing the decision making process and related factors prior to shooting a bear or cougar, it would show the countless hours spent trying to get people to manage their attractants and take responsibility for bringing wildlife into their yards and neighbourhood.
    Yup, I'm sure they'll include those countless hours in their propaganda clips. Trust me, their only interest in these cameras is passing off problem bears that were posing a threat to local children as a poor innocent cub with a mother and father that cried when the big bad CO murdered it in cold blood...unfortunately John Q Public eats that stuff up.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    Not many police services are wearing body cams in Canada.
    That is also a problem. Every cop should be held accountable for actions in uniform. The COs are a much smaller sample group, and one that tend to go into it for the right reasons, but any animal that is more equal than other animals needs to be watched carefully.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.