Thread: 112th - Boundary Bay

112th - Boundary Bay

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows of the best parking options for access to boundary Bay from 112th st. I've been told you have to park at the train tracks or Hornby Street but wondering if anyone has any tips on this. May cut a km or so off the hike in to the marsh...Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 112th - Boundary Bay

There’s never any ducks at 112th...

You can’t park anywhere on 112th itself other than the first 20 yards or so, so Hornby it is. At 64th you can park 50’ from the dyke. It’s as short as it gets if you don’t like walking a long way in waders with decoys, blind etc.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Thanks. Trying something new. Heard ppl have had some success at high tide east of 112th. I've hunted the rest of the bay

I went out there today. Lower tide than usual. Not a single duck or goose flew over. I did pick up about 200 shells and wads that others were to lazy to clean up. It was CRAZY windy, so between that and the tide it was a no duck day.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythey View Post
    Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows of the best parking options for access to boundary Bay from 112th st. I've been told you have to park at the train tracks or Hornby Street but wondering if anyone has any tips on this. May cut a km or so off the hike in to the marsh...Thanks!
    I've biked from there. Quite a chore with a blind bag, shotgun and a mesh backpack with 12 decoys and a mojo, but it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I've biked from there. Quite a chore with a blind bag, shotgun and a mesh backpack with 12 decoys and a mojo, but it can be done.
    This what you need! It's been collected dust in my garage the last five years but it seemed like a god send the one and only time I used it to get a deer off the mountain on a decommissioned road (no vehicle access) I had to go up. The ride/push up hill was no fun, though! But the cruise downhill with a 2 point in the back was one of my easier extractions,,,,,, about 4 miles from the truck.

I'm 64 now and not sure if I have another one of those adventures in me so I'll probably sell it. LOL

I was hunting in a field nearby on Friday and the eagles (about 50 live there) weren't perching in the trees due to the wind and roosting on the ground instead and no ducks would come to my spread. One eagle flew over and grabbed my mojo by the neck. Fortunately it was jammed onto the post pretty good and he didn't get it.

As far as BB goes I find you have to look up the tides before going and go at about half tide on a rising tide in the morning.

The ducks fly up and down the bay along the tide line as it comes in.

There was once a huge old log stuck in the mud at one place i I went to and I'd go out when it was high and dry, no decoys and just hide beside it and wait for the birds until the water was waist deep, then leave. One time there were swells coming in nearly lifting me off my feet or else flooding down my wader top. The log has dislodged now sadly.

Good on ya for cleaning up after these jerks! I was out at Brunswick pt. On Friday. Had to wait for tide to come in late morning but bagged two. Wind had them flying low and stupid. Lol