My Brother was offshore US Virgin Islands) with his Lady and another couple this past week. While there they decided they would like to come and fish off the West Coast here this summer.

No problem. I guided for a long time out here, and have quite a few buddies still in the game. First one I contacted only had to adjust a single day on one end of their desired three days which was sweet. What wasn't so sweet was when he said I will pencil you until we can come up with accommodations for them. Both Ukee & Tofu are getting so tight that is effecting everyone's potential bookings this year...

Hmmm...

As the guide is currently offshore himself, it fell to me to hunt down a couple rooms. Three and a half hours later, having marched through all of the hotels, motels and B&B's I was familiar with (and many more from the yellow pages) I was rapidly coming to the conclusion that there was pretty much nothing available in Ukee from the second week of June right through & past the end of August. And from what pretty well all of them told me it appears Tofu is the same. Oh, there was a room at the Canadian Princess if you wanted to shell out $ 389.00 before taxes a night, and somewhat close to that with Black Rock. Hard Pass.

WOW!

In desperation I turned to a booking service. About an hour later they got back with "we have just secured the last two rooms available for late June in Ukee. Credit Card info please"...

So, long story short my Brother's crew got their rooms and the charter dates confirmed.

But I thought it might be a good idea to post this up here as I know some folks do like to wander over and play in the salt chuck from time to time.

Head's Up: If you're thinking of doing so, I strongly suggest you get on with securing a place at the inn...

Cheers - Nog