Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to start tying Chironomids

Time to start tying Chironomids

With hunting season pretty much over - still some reloading work to do for a couple recent aquisitions, I felt like wrapping up a few chironomids just to get back into my weekend morning routine of tying a few while I have my coffee.

Looks like I've buried a few supplies when I put tying gear away to make space for reloading gear so I need to step out and pick up a few things like a new pair of scissors, a couple fly boxes, thread, a few beads and maybe some wire if I can find the colours I want otherwise I'll be placing a order.

Here's what I wrapped this morning to get me into the mood again. These are on size 16 hooks.

There will be other patterns that I need to fill for a couple specific lakes - need to stock up my buddies boxes as well as my own. hehe - like I really need any more flies

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Time to start tying Chironomids

Did the same, If I can figure how to post pictures I'll put them up.

You using antron fir the gills?
    Last edited by Danny_29; 12-30-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    With hunting season pretty much over - still some reloading work to do for a couple recent aquisitions, I felt like wrapping up a few chironomids just to get back into my weekend morning routine of tying a few while I have my coffee.

Looks like I've buried a few supplies when I put tying gear away to make space for reloading gear so I need to step out and pick up a few things like a new pair of scissors, a couple fly boxes, thread, a few beads and maybe some wire if I can find the colours I want otherwise I'll be placing a order.

Here's what I wrapped this morning to get me into the mood again. These are on size 16 hooks.

There will be other patterns that I need to fill for a couple specific lakes - need to stock up my buddies boxes as well as my own. hehe - like I really need any more flies

How much coffee do you drink? I can spit out a dozen/hr if I’m in the zone and it’s a simple tie. You musta polished off a full pot this morning... nice chronies btw

Hmmm everything's out for Gun metal grey chronomid ..just wating for thread.
    Try TOGENS fly shop for beads, hooks..tungston beads etc.
    Tight lines
    Srupp

I'm having a heck of a time trying to take and post a decent picture. New phone and I never had this problem with my old one. Oh well, at least you can see some colour this time.

Quote Originally Posted by thick View Post
    How much coffee do you drink? I can spit out a dozen/hr if I’m in the zone and it’s a simple tie. You musta polished off a full pot this morning... nice chronies btw
    Full pot of low octane. Hi test makes me a little jittery.

Good looking flies Rieber,
    Where ya going fishing and when.
    Fish On!!!

Going to fish Mill Lake for Pike soon after the ice comes off.

That's funny, so is this,
    Thousand comedian's outta work and your cracking a joke, Sorry R just had to.
    Had a lot of fun at Mill lake in the summers with the kids, easy to catch something there, Trout, Crappies, Catfish, and BASS,
    Did you see the teenage boy who caught a 9 1/2 pound Bass this spring, Monster for a small lake, it's still out there kid let it go.
    I let everything go there.
    What there's Pike there? LOL
    Happy Fishing.