Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pork for sausage....

Re: Pork for sausage....

Costco pork is mostly American pork, i try to avoid buying protein not produced in Canada

I buy the 6 lb pkg of ground pork at Costco . 13$ it has been the best I’ve found fat content wise. 6 lbs to 24 lbs venison.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Typically in the New Year, shoulders go on sale all over for .99/cents a pound....cryovaced, I load up.
    Don't use legs as it is not fatty enough, Get some back fat as well from a butcher as it is gold when doing certain mixes...

On sale at Thrifty's right now for $1 per pound, sale ends Wednesday! K

after china was trying to export their swine flu filled pork, im not buying pig for a long time.

Save-On pork legs .99/lb
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Pork loins from costco

I got mine from Lepps market on abby bypass in abbotsford, I believe they have their own pigs...

One problem I had doing big batches of sausage with 15% fat was after 6 months the fat would get an awful taste and the sausages would be horrible. Meat frozen without the fat was still good. No I only do a batch that can be eaten in 3 months. Have started using beef fat with great results. I buy one of those huge slabs of meat from costco cut and trim it and throw all the fat into sausages.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA