Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend Hunting Backpack

Re: Recommend Hunting Backpack

Quote Originally Posted by dak0ta View Post
    What's the best way to attach your ordinary camping day pack to the frame? I think mine has those PALS/MOLLE-style straps on the back side.
    Depends on what frame you buy. Some webbing and buckles purchased from an outdoor store or online can make for a quick set-up to attach your bag.

If you have a sewing machine then learn to sew and you can have whatever you want. I actually have done a bunch of sewing to customize packs and just sewed up my bag myself for my kifaru frame.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Cheaper materials, made off shore, mass produced, same price as when they were made in Bozeman and you could call and have a conversation with the person who actually built your pack.
    Interesting, good to know thanks. I never even thought about where they were made to be honest. Do you know when they switched production overseas?

Mystery Ranch!

I’ve had a MR since 2005 at the time it was called the Behemoth now it’s the Marshall. I really like it. It’s a bit heavier than my buddies Stone Glacier and Kifaru but not much so it’s not a big deal. The only thing I wish it had that the Kifaru has is a long zipper opening along the middle; watching my buddy lay the meat bag down inside the pack and then zipping it up makes me think my next one is a Kifaru. I put a Kifaru gun bearer on it really nice for long hikes.

Depends what your budget is, you can a number of really good packs for $500-$1000. Ive had the Eberlestock J107 for over 6 years and have packed out quite a few deer and a sheep with it and it has held up great. It’s a bit on the heavy side for packs but it’s been a good solid pack overall and a lot cheaper than a lot of packs out there.
    Brian011

I’ve been eyeing up the Mystery Ranch Pop Up packs, it’s at the top of my list right now. Just unsure if I’d want it in coyote brown or foliage green. Pack will double duty while I’m travelling as well.

Tenzing 6000 is awesome. ton of storage. camo on it is a little confusing coz on the package is has pictures of a guy carying out an elk from the mountains but camo is max 5 (for waterfowl).
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=Tenzing+6000

Kifaru EMR 2 has served me outstandingly well for 5 years. Highly reccomend Kifaru. Good to deal with as well and use their super lightweight tarps as shelters as well

I’ve been using an old moose packer pack for 20 + years simple and affordable under 200 can’t go wrong I’ve packed out tons of deer and moose never had a problem. Be a cold day in hell for me to drop a grand on a pack. The old timers had trapper Nelson’s I have a couple of those as well covers all my bases even on a solo hunt. A million pockets and fancy looks are a gimmick to get your cash!!

i run a stone glacier talus 6900 and have no complaints. packed out quite a bit of game with it now.