Thread: Region 2-8 Question #help

Region 2-8 Question #help

Hey, I am looking online on where to find information on municipal boundaries and where one can start legally hunting.

lets use maple ridge for example I want to go hunt for blacktails but I’m having a hard time finding where I can begin.

The goal is to keep closer to home, so lower mainland / Fraser valley

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by aamenta; 03-03-2020 at 03:17 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 2-8 Question #help

Hit an outdoor store and get one of these. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/lower-mainl...ion/fvslha.htm
    You could also get Huntbuddy and I hunter apps to your phone and let the software show you where you can and can't hunt.

Word to the wise, those areas will be rife with weekend outdoors users and no shortage of idiots tearing the mountain to shit, Get out and go east around hope, odds will be better. Even if you stay in the mission area and get out and walk some distance your ride could look different when you return?
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

^^^^^ What he said. I had both my truck smashed and my motorcycle tires slashed over the course of two years in the Maple Ridge region, and I was what I thought was "far enough away from the idiots". And that was during off-season when scouting only. So this would not have been "ant hunting", etc... that's just local a$$holes.

Wouldn't it be great if BC Backroads Mapbook for GPS would introduce that onto their maps.
    Even private property when out an about.
    Just my thoughts.

like this ? mapleridge.ca/maps
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole