Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend Hunting Backpack

Re: Recommend Hunting Backpack

Another vote for Stone Glacier Sky Tallus 69 with gun bearer. Great pack.

With out breaking the bank ... sounds like you have a daypack already ... shop for a pack frame only ... lash the day pack to it and have at er ... best of both worlds for a day hunt.

The SG gun bearer is a goatf*ck compared to the universal kifaru gunbearer. The SG one requires the pack to be off of your back to put the rifle in it, unless ypu can bend like Gumby. And if that is the case you probably aren’t leaving the house for anything except gatorade and electrolytes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    Another vote for Stone Glacier Sky Tallus 69 with gun bearer. Great pack.
    Yes my stone glacier sky 5900 I have the stone glacier gun sling and I also purchased the universal upper gun barrel mount so I can run it on the side of my pack or in front of me like the gun bearer. But the universal gun bearer is super heavy compared to the lower mount from SG

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    With out breaking the bank ... sounds like you have a daypack already ... shop for a pack frame only ... lash the day pack to it and have at er ... best of both worlds for a day hunt.
    I think that's the most logical.

I have a Arxteryx bora 62 ( that i got for 50% off) packed out just under 100 lbs of bt meat plus my gear (110 lbs total) no problem. In my opinion no one needs a dedicated day pack. Arcteryx is crazy expensive but they have an awesome warranty. The backpack is bulletproof super water resistant and very comfortable. Might not be great for 200lb loads (only 62 Leiter) but im not trying to blow out a knee. 100lbs is plenty for me.

Lots of good deals on Rokslide for used packs. Good deal might be subjective depending on your budget though. I have an Exo k2 3500. I’m in Mission and work in Langley if you want to look at one in person let me know.

I recommend a good hiking pack, built specifically for tents and gear of 100lbs. Get fitted, avoid cabelas and seek a mountaineer company other than MEC. If not sure bring weights to what you expect to carry to get a feel. Remember, camo is a color not an advantage

Had my first season with a mystery ranch metcalf with guide light frame. Seams great so far hiking around with about 30 lbs, wish i couldve tested it with a bigger load but im eating tag soup this year.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

I have the MYSTERY RANCH NICE frame with the Metcalf and Crew Cab bags. Both can carry monster loads and are versatile and comfortable. I would recommend MR anyday.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon