Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    This is what my interactions with those individuals has been like as well. Judging by the amateurish petitions they've been passing around, their main reason for starting this group seems to be centred around the whitetail antlerless and October any buck seasons. Thanks, but no thanks.

Groups like WSSBC and 1Campfire will continue to have my support.
    Could you post these petitions put out by this new org?

Definitely something that I would not support but curious about the theory behind it and if it’s individuals from this new org or back by the org it’s self

If this is the approach they are taking it is not the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Wild Sheep Society
    Okay, I totally understand supporting the WSS.
    What they do, and what they bring is fantastic.
    Definitely support their goals.

BUT, remember everyone, they are a "SHEEP" Society made up of hunters, but they aren't in a "real" position to be a BC Hunters
    Representation.
    REMEBER, this is the same problem with the BCWF.
    The "W" stands for WILDLIFE.

After that whole GOABC Allocation Issue, the end result wasn't that everyone was pissed with the GO's AS MUCH AS, everyone
    finally figured out the BCWF could NOT be a faction that represents HUNTER ONLY.
    BCWF never said that publicly, but rather allowed hunters to "assume" that the BCWF was directly involved in hunter support.
    When that whole issue went down, we had "0" representation at the table that went behind closed doors.
    That was basically the beginning of the end of BCWF.
    Last I heard, membership is tanking for them now.

WSS is great, but at some point we need a group that stands for hunters in BC that are working at pushing the Ministry/Governent for things
    like more funding, implement the science behind many of the studies sitting on the shelf, to start supporting proper management
    like the Wolf Cull and really starting to protect Winter Range etc.

TJHE BIG ISSUES.
    Not more, if we do this with the season, or implement that reg in the season, it will be "oh so much better bs".
    It wont!
    Just supporting a couple of individuals who want Regs a certain way.
    And the Big Issues lay dormant.

Why is it so Frickin hard to set up a Org, or better yet, an ASSOCIATION, like the GOABC???
    But with direction towards the big issues only that are really causing all the problems.
    We need the Government to start supporting hunting in BC.
    We need the Funding!
    That's the "FIRST PRIORITY"....isn't it???????

Man, am I getting frustrated....not even 8:30 am and I feel like pouring a drink over all this BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Okay, I totally understand supporting the WSS.
    Man, am I getting frustrated....not even 8:30 am and I feel like pouring a drink over all this BS.
    I realize ho frustrating this must be. I feel for you. You did do more than most people, including myself, have done, by putting actions behind your words. I do tip my hat to that.

i agree with a previous poster that more organizations in general equal more voices and hence are - overall - a good thing. So PLEASE - don't take what I am about to say as me trying to dis your efforts. I am not!

You do say "We want the government to support hunting/funding, and that is "the" first priority". To be fair, there is, IMHO, a huge difference between "This is MY first priority", or "I think this SHOULD be first priority" (and if you agree join me) and saying "This should be every hunters first priority" (raise finger and get on a soap box).

This is a complex issue, and you taking on one single part of it (changing the Government to support hunting?) is great. It should be ok (and not frustrating) if others say "This is not MY first priority, sorry" What about "Changing the Publics Perception" like "1 Campfire"? That's pretty important, right? Is this really less important or less of a priority than what you are trying to do? Not sure?

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Here I just stated on my last post WSS is a great Org.
    WELL< HOLD ON, just read this on another thread.
    Think everyone should read it!!!!

If this post is true, WSS just blew not one, but both their feet off in a second!!!!!

POST #6: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...s-GET-INVOLVED

Every single hunting org will vote in favour of some form of restrictions it just varies from hunting methods, access restrictions, a season or LEH

BC will continue to see more restrictions in the future. BC still to this day offers some of the most liberal and least restrictive opportunities in North America.

The reason for your frustration has been clear to me for years and I have stated it on numerous occasions.
    I don't think anyone is hearing me.

With the advent of all these social media pages hunting community has been fragmented to a point beyond repair IMO.
    Every time someone doesn't agree with someone and the conversations get heated some people just can't control their tempers and some can't see the big picture.

The admins of these social media sites, including HBC to a degree, have created this problem by banning people from their sites, just because they can.
    The attitude is that it's a private site and I have control so I can have anyone I want to because I think they are an asshole.
    Then these banned individuals go and create another page, take their supporters with them and we keep fragmenting more and more.
    What this attitude has created is that now there are hundreds of hunting sites, hundreds of people with grudges against other people.
    We are right where the antis want us to be.
    Yet 10 or more years ago, there was only HuntingBC.ca.
    Now there is 300 different sites.
    Everyone who didn't agree with something, or was banned by someone created their own page.
    Just think about the people who are no longer on this site and I can think of many and are important and have tons to contribute.
    (Good to see dana is back)

I know several admins on many of these sites and some like pink Cadillacs, some blue Fords and red Chevys but at the end of the day they all want the same thing.
    Continuation of our hunting heritage.

People need to think beyond their personal grudges and opinions and think about the big picture and unification of hunters in this province.
    Otherwise we will keep fragmenting and will drive our hunting heritage to oblivion.

It's better to have a fist fight one on one, than pull a gun and shoot somebody because you can't go back from that.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Every single hunting org will vote in favour of some form of restrictions it just varies from hunting methods, access restrictions, a season or LEH

BC will continue to see more restrictions in the future. BC still to this day offers some of the most liberal and least restrictive opportunities in North America.
    I know you have made the statement in the past that maybe we need a bunch of little Org, representing separate issues in BC.
    I have to be honest, I think that is why it is all messed up in BC.

The more I talk to different people, listen to them.
    They talk about this R&G club wants this and that R&G club wants that.
    Then you have WSS going this way, the GOABC going that way, BCWF going...well, who knows where they are going?, you have the Bow
    folks going another way.

THATS A BIG PROBLEM!!!

I am president of a strata (I don't want to be but had no choice, everything was messed up and was asked to take over).
    The Council can operate with "up to 7 members"
    Guess what???:
    Noting got done, too many chefs in the pot!

Now, I got it down to the "minimum" of 3 on council.
    NOW, shit gets done!
    1 calls the shots, the other 2 either agree or disagree.
    You can guess who calls the shots

An you know what, all the owners are happy!
    So happy, I barely have enough of then]m show up at the yearly AGM.
    WHY....because things are working!
    IF there were issues, the AGM would be a full house.
    That's how I know I am still on the right direction.

LESS IS MORE!

Arrow Re: Hunters for BC

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Here I just stated on my last post WSS is a great Org.
    WELL< HOLD ON, just read this on another thread.
    Think everyone should read it!!!!

If this post is true, WSS just blew not one, but both their feet off in a second!!!!!

POST #6: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...s-GET-INVOLVED
    I'd suggest holding off on the witch hunt here for just a little spell.
    I have heard a somewhat different version of what went down in that regard.
    Reaching out now to determine when their statement in this regard will be released...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I will have to disagree for the fact the hunting community is very diverse and it is virtually impossible for one organization to represent the hunting as a whole. The fact of the matter is there is conflicting interests and visions amongst the hunting community because people hunt for many different reasons with different goals. This is something that people need to realize there is no one size fits all. This is why I have said it many times over the years that B.C. hunters need to learn to have give and take within the hunting community if there is any hope of ever achieving some form of unity

To have any form of unity there will need to be healthy debate amongst people representing the different forms of hunters within the hunting community. There also needs to be a realization that effort to compromise so the different from’s of hunting are promoted. This is not happening in B.C.

Easy to have an org that strictly focuses of wildlife but as soon as hunter management/opportunity comes into play that is where things go to hell

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I will have to disagree for the fact the hunting community is very diverse and it is virtually impossible for one organization to represent the hunting as a whole. The fact of the matter is there is conflicting interests and visions amongst the hunting community because people hunt for many different reasons with different goals. This is something that people need to realize there is no one size fits all. This is why I have said it many times over the years that B.C. hunters need to learn to have give and take within the hunting community if there is any hope of ever achieving some form of unity

To have any form of unity there will need to be healthy debate amongst people representing the different forms of hunters within the hunting community. There also needs to be a realization that effort to compromise so the different from’s of hunting are promoted. This is not happening in B.C.

Easy to have an org that strictly focuses of wildlife but as soon as hunter management/opportunity comes into play that is where things go to hell
    Exactly!
    I agree, many different interests.
    That's the big problem, but it is a real problem.
    These folks need to get it thru their heads that they need to focus on big issues and drop their little private interests.
    That's why I say, too many folks, too many opinions, and sweet F'all comes from it.
    Well, not exactly, a ton of BS garbage is usually the result.
    The evidence is in the pudding that many of us see year after year.