Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

The way Shane Brady portrays himself on some fb groups will turn a lot of people. He is on one heck of a high horse and has cut far to many guys down for taking animals he feels they shouldn’t be. Younger bucks, antlerless deer etc.

I am very concerned his main agenda will be toward further restricting hunters.

Terry Halleran, I thought he worked for Raincoast.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    The way Shane Brady portrays himself on some fb groups will turn a lot of people. He is on one heck of a high horse and has cut far to many guys down for taking animals he feels they shouldn’t be. Younger bucks, antlerless deer etc.

I would say this is a very accurate assessment.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post

Well, off to FB and a few more emails I go.

There is endless data on regulations being so far down the list as an effective management tool for wildlife.
    There are numerous examples of wildlife that have no valid season and are suffering the same downturn as hunted populations.

If any group is proposing a regulation based platform as a key driver to wildlife recovery, I don’t know what to say.
    We have had decades of this dance with little to no impact on conservation.
    Such a platform is dead on arrival for anyone that has a handle on wildlife challenges IMO.

Trying to manage hunters into the ground with proven ineffective and endless regulation changes is not a solution.

I am like most and will wait to see the resumes on their team, proven track records etc.
    Mission statement would be another start, not something vague.

If any group forms an organization and asks for money they simply have to provide a concise business model, who will run it, where our money would go. If these basic questions can’t be answered out of the gate it will be tough sledding

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

I am not into anymore regulation for resident hunters, period.

I'd like to see a dedicated thread for your organization. We have one for the BCWF that doesn't consider itself "hunter" based, (and I no longer know what they are or what they stand for) so why not you guys? Lets see if you can get a snow ball growing. Tell us what you're doing, when and where you're doing it, and lets see who shows up.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    I'd like to see a dedicated thread for your organization. We have one for the BCWF that doesn't consider itself "hunter" based, (and I no longer know what they are or what they stand for) so why not you guys? Lets see if you can get a snow ball growing. Tell us what you're doing, when and where you're doing it, and lets see who shows up.
    Show up for a meeting or 2 and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by fearnodeer View Post
    Show up for a meeting or 2 and find out.
    fearnodeer, some basic questions are being asked.
    Not a stretch to see some of them answered.
    Folks are being asked for 2 things.
    1) Their money
    2) Their support

Gotta define the "who, how, where, what, when", if someone is selling something and expect a cheque

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

http://www.triggereffect.tv/ Is the Dean T you speak off and wheres his partner Kent M ? RJ