Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    To be fair, we don't need another non profit group. There are several that are already established. Join one, get on the board, get your buddies on the board, drive change in the established groups. having lots of little non profit conservation groups is just splintering things. If you don't like BCWF then join WSSBC. I think WSSBC is more a hunting and coservation group than BCWF, they are focused on the right things, and are supporting growing our social presence in a positive manner as well as working with BCWF. Lets increase these established organizations presence and help drive the messages we want.

1Campfire is a directive that is meant to push the "why hunters hunt" and it will be effective, we just need to get behind it. Its not about the kill, its about hunting. 99% of hunting isn't killing.
    Bingo.

More often than not you hear "Where was the BCWF (or any org) on this issue?" People think because they spent $50 on a membership that their contribution ends there. Conservation organizations are only as strong as their membership. Hunters in BC are extremely apathetic and it continues to be our downfall. We keep beating the drum on more regulations instead of working on creating a bigger pie for everyone to divy up.

Round and round we go.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Trying my best to stay up to date on all your questions. Please know I’m not able to be on this site constantly. Work, family and life seems to take much time. I will not respond to false accusations. It’s truly counterproductive. Iron Noggin I will read back and locate your questions and reply. I have also posted my number and email twice so I don’t see where I’m evading anything. In fact that is a gesture of welcoming people to contact me with questions, concerns and advice. If that is too personal I will do my best here on this site when I can.
    Robin
    if anyone feels they have more to contribute, I am all ears and eyes.
    Last edited by RobU; 01-02-2020 at 11:17 PM.

robu,

so many mud slingers out there...let me know if there is anything i can do to help.. i will email you in am..

as per the mudslingers on the side line perhaps get involved and if you dont like a certain policy lets adjust it as a group..

i have a neighbour i dont normally get along with...

but when theres a flood,forest fire,predator or weirdo be eork side by side untell the job is done...have a beer toghether than go back to our fuid lol

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    robu,

so many mud slingers out there...let me know if there is anything i can do to help.. i will email you in am..

as per the mudslingers on the side line perhaps get involved and if you dont like a certain policy lets adjust it as a group..

i have a neighbour i dont normally get along with...

but when theres a flood,forest fire,predator or weirdo be eork side by side untell the job is done...have a beer toghether than go back to our fuid lol
    there is no mud slinging, only very important questions considering the views from many at the head table of this group. As far as “getting involved” is concerned why are you assuming myself or any others commenting aren’t doing their part?

not many people are willing to jump head first in to a new group without asking any information or doing some due diligence. That’s a fools game.

if you’d like, myself or someone else can post some screen shots of some of the thoughts these guys want to make happen.
    Last edited by Wentrot; 01-04-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Bingo.

More often than not you hear "Where was the BCWF (or any org) on this issue?" People think because they spent $50 on a membership that their contribution ends there. Conservation organizations are only as strong as their membership. Hunters in BC are extremely apathetic and it continues to be our downfall. We keep beating the drum on more regulations instead of working on creating a bigger pie for everyone to divy up.

Round and round we go.
    You are correct, the more people that show up to meeting and help out the better chances we have of getting somewhere, more people stepping up would make a huge difference in any organization most need more help because just not enough volunteers to tackle all the issues.

I Just received my second Backcountry JOURNAL mag - some Good articles BUT 99 % about the USA ! 1 page on the YUKON changes in public access ! only chapters in canada are BC ALBERTA and the YUKON .
    From what i can see we are really not THAT involved in the BHA other then for FUNDS ! jmo RJ

Feel Free to FLAME Me ! RobU

Your not alone RJ

guest Guest

With you too RJ.

BHA is another I have directed my cash to along with WSS BCWF RMEF.......all for Government to shat on and not help fund themselves, all licenses and tag money back to wildlife period.

I applaud any group trying to build and sustain wildlife while being accountable to its members directions. Its a tough pie to divide when we all have different opinions on how to build wildlife. How to manage it properly, how to sustain it.

Rest of my op removed......
    Last edited by guest; 01-04-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Muliechaser,

Here's one for you - How is it that at one time hunter numbers in BC were twice (yes, twice) what they are today, we had any mule deer buck for 3 months, GOS elk seasons 3pt or better to November 15 in R8, liberal seasons everywhere you looked and yet had booming ungulate numbers?

Simple - we had quality habitat and whacked predators. 30+ years of reducing seasons and pushing for regulation restrictions hasn't fixed a damn thing. We need to focus on making more wildlife. Continuing to divide up a shrinking pie is a waste of time but some people still refuse to see that.
    The good old days, what people seem to gloss over is more moose are killed by trains than hunters, making moves to further restrict access and shorter more restrictive seasons isn't the solution to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    The good old days, what people seem to gloss over is more moose are killed by trains than hunters, making moves to further restrict access and shorter more restrictive seasons isn't the solution to the problem.
    I was wondering about that very thing the other day.

Where can we go to see the train stats over the last 50 years? Anybody know??