Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    thank you. I very reluctantly joined face book. Kicking and screaming all the way. I was persuaded otherwise to ensure a vehicle to reach hunters. Social media can be extremely toxic and damaging to hunting and must be used wisely. There are many other sources we are considering to reach hunters in bc. WSSBC and GOABC have launched campaigns to help hunter image. I can’t comment because I simply don’t know how effective they have been.

Hope I haven’t come across as anti petition. If worded, and used correctly in the right format they can be very effective. I’ve been cautioned about petition overload as electronic petitions are very common. My comment on zero petitions states hunters for bc has not launched a petion. The petitions posted on the working group forum were imported from elsewhere for all to see and read. No matter our beliefs we should all lobby the govt for much more funding and placing the right people in the right positions to effectively reverse the current trends.
    You're welcome, and I agree...

[QUOTE=Ourea;2142797]BV, I am pro outfitter.
    Their/your contributions are an important part of keeping wildlife on the political forefront.
    Every business/industry has to invest in their future, outfitting is far from unique in this regard.
    Business 101.
    If you are not investing at least 10 to 20% of your turn back into your industry to protect your future guys are not carry their share.
    The outfitting business model is truly unique, inventory is free, you do however have to make heavy investment elsewhere to float the boat.

Coming back to rob's thread.....
    I think those in the know respect and understand the challenges in trying to make a difference in wildlife.
    Rob is attempting to help, I respect that.

From some of my due diligence they're are some parts of this team that have been down right condescending and virtuous about their positions on condemning many aspects of regulation as they feel they know better. How do they know better is the question being asked. What are their credentials?
    These are honest and open questions.
    They need to be answered.

we are team building and will be asking for all kinds of help in the near future.
    One team member is a retired BC biologist and can be relied upon to help with many important issues. I respect his knowledge, experience and positive attitude. A huge asset in my eyes. Many more good people with varying strengths and weaknesses are needed to be effective.
    I am admittedly nothing special. Passionate yes. Bush smart yes. Lifetime resident hunter and student of the land yes. We will post our bios soon as this topic was discussed at last meeting 2 days ago. As more team members are added we will be sure to do the same. If anyone feels they have time, efforts and experience to add please step forward. I would be completely lying if I said we have all the answers and solutions to BCs problems in our back pocket.

Above is a screw up from my big fat thumbs. My reply is with ourea’s post.

The 'hunters for bc' crew started a small splinter group off of the Hunting BC facebook group. I remember some posters being frustrated with people not supporting a personal ban on antlerless and smaller buck/bull hunting in BC. Even though it was lawful in the hunting regulations to do so. This is when the new group began.

There was a lot of ridicule and condemnation of anybody that attempted to say why they consider hunting of does and small bucks. There was a peer pressure factor to it. To me it was all about restricting hunter regulations, and subsequent hunter opportunity for older hunters and parents attempting
    to help their kids experience the hunt and maybe even be successful. Practically anyone who doesn't hold out for 'the big one'.

They have since been marketing themselves on social media as the saviours to wildlife management in BC, primarily through more restrictive hunting regulations.

Unless I see more transparency in public communications, and suitable answers as to what exactly the agenda of the group has, I would not consider joining it.

I see the changes proposed by the BC government as a good way for all of us to have our say. Please ensure you do that prior to the January 17 deadline.

This is my opinion only.

Well, if you combine recent issues about the concerns about CWD, its going to get even more interesting and more heated about the
    whole antlerless, young buck debate.

After all, one way to help spread it is to keep not only ban baiting, but keep herds thinned(population down).
    Which means having a 4pt or no antlerless restriction a big no-no in the fight against cwd.

Round and round we go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    The 'hunters for bc' crew started a small splinter group off of the Hunting BC facebook group. I remember some posters being frustrated with people not supporting a personal ban on antlerless and smaller buck/bull hunting in BC. Even though it was lawful in the hunting regulations to do so. This is when the new group began.

There was a lot of ridicule and condemnation of anybody that attempted to say why they consider hunting of does and small bucks. There was a peer pressure factor to it. To me it was all about restricting hunter regulations, and subsequent hunter opportunity for older hunters and parents attempting
    to help their kids experience the hunt and maybe even be successful. Practically anyone who doesn't hold out for 'the big one'.

They have since been marketing themselves on social media as the saviours to wildlife management in BC, primarily through more restrictive hunting regulations.

Unless I see more transparency in public communications, and suitable answers as to what exactly the agenda of the group has, I would not consider joining it.

I see the changes proposed by the BC government as a good way for all of us to have our say. Please ensure you do that prior to the January 17 deadline.

This is my opinion only.
    Sorry Hunting family. While your opinion is entertaining. It is dead wrong.
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Sorry Hunting family. While your opinion is entertaining. It is dead wrong.
    Robin
    Please explain where I am wrong, for all to hear. While you're at it, please answer the questions that have been asked of your group.
    I'm all ears...

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Please explain where I am wrong, for all to hear. While you're at it, please answer the questions that have been asked of your group.
    I'm all ears...
    honestly. I see nothing worth commenting on any further. While hunters for bc has a workshop forum on the Facebook forum. Nothing else is true. If there are individuals using multiple sites that’s their choice. If they support selective harvesting, also their choice. If your looking for reasons to not support, your choice. Simple. I’m not here to convince people what they should or shouldn’t hunt for. If it’s legal, knock yourself out. If you want opportunities, great! This is BC. There are plenty. Your comment about saviours of wildlife, you’re out to lunch. I can’t waste any more time on your opinion. But thank you.

Unfortunately for us, this is how you have chosen to respond. We need to hear what your agenda is that no other group has. In a public forum, not a personal phone call.
    And I know what I have stated is correct. I'm willing to debate you here on every point I made.

They opened antlerless wt from leh to try and help mule deer .
    Anybuck has had very long seasons in the past and is now only 4 weeks long .
    Reducing hunter harvest will help numbers rebound (cwd aside ) of course have youth and 65+ seasons for antlerless and anybuck to make sure our hunters with a handicap ie young and elderly hunters have a better chance at cutting tags . For the rest of us that are able .. whats the problem with harvesting any wt buck and or a higher point restriction???

People are afraid to lose Their season there ability to "easily fill there freezer" ive noticed a trend in this . Numbers are down yet people still want liberal season?
    Numbers are down and want liberal seasons and still complain there is no game ? It makes no sence . The "preds are eating all of our game so thats no good reason to take my season away and give me less of a chance"

Give me a break . As long as people keep argueing and getting angry etc you can bet your ass we wil lose opportunity much faster than you want . Unite . Or lose it all . Comprimise and see things for what they are . We are goinf to start losing opportunitys regarless . So stand up for the animals we can do our part to protect them and stil have opportunity if we get on it . .
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”