Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Rob- would you mind explaining what you mean by ‘quality wildlife management’?
    I’m interested in RobU’s answer as well, but damn near any change in management beats what we’ve seen in the past.

We’ve listened to the dribble that everything needs to be based on science, it’s all habitat issues etc...etc.
    Throughout the procrastination while we have followed this mandate like a herd of sheep our ungulate populations in a good portion of this province have gone into a downward spiral.

This spiral has reduced hunter opportunity in much of the province and shifted pressure to areas that are still doing OK as far as ungulate numbers and hunt quality go.

If this trend continues...BC as a whole has a limited amount of time until all licensed hunting is F***ed.

The groups in the past have failed, they have created division that has opened doors to the wolves and some groups have even formed alliances with the wolves in order to push the division issue farther.

Maybe RobU and his group can put something together.

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    For those trying to punish me on this site. Grow up. Hiding behind self imposed nick names and sniping. Get a life. Get out of the virtual world, grow a pair and get busy with the important problems. Wow!!
    Expect to weather a storm there is definitely going to be no lack of people trying to discredit this org. There is definitely those with there own agenda and if they feel you threaten it you will target you.

You have my respect for standing up trying to make change for that reason I believe people should at least take the time to hear what you have to say and then make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Can’t speak for or against this group and can’t say bownut would be a top choice of mine but I can’t speak too highly of present representation from other groups either. My opinion take a real look and ask questions then make your choice. Voice your opinion see if they actually listen to hunters and make adjustments. Lots of hunters are not happy with how they are represented now and the only way that is going to change is if you find new representation.

At this point I say looking into any group that is willing to put in the effort to stand up is at least worth seeing what they are about/agenda. Worst case they are not worth supporting and you let them fade
    I agree....so for now, I think we should all throw our support their direction, thank you for your efforts thus far Rob U....

Arrow Re: Hunters for BC

... Administration has 9 very passionate and energetic individuals from across BC. trying to make a difference ...
    A good start to addressing one of the concerns I noted would be to identify this group clearly.
    Most recognize those that have been around and involved for any real length of time.
    The backgrounds of those running this show will definitely sway those considering joining your ranks one way or the other...

Just saying...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    A good start to addressing one of the concerns I noted would be to identify this group clearly.
    Most recognize those that have been around and involved for any real length of time.
    The backgrounds of those running this show will definitely sway those considering joining your ranks one way or the other...

Just saying...
    Nog
    I agree being honest, transparent, and most important listen to BC hunters not just tell them what should be done. Accomplish this with a good team and this could be successful

reaching out as Rob has done providing contact information so people can ask ? is a good starting point

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I agree....so for now, I think we should all throw our support their direction, thank you for your efforts thus far Rob U....

All good everyone. Actions speak louder than words.
    There is no need to defend the organization as the path is true. A great core group will ensure
    we stay on course. Negative energy will be left behind where it belongs. Questions and concerns will be answered as promptly as possible. Much work to do.
    Robin

Arrow Re: Hunters for BC

... Questions and concerns will be answered as promptly as possible...
    If that is true, please have a look at my previous post (Number 11 in this thread).
    I honestly believe that by clearly identifying yourselves, and addressing the concerns I posed, will go a rather long way towards helping folks decide whether to join with you or not.

Not doing so, and suggesting the only way that can be answered is in private, suggests to some that there may be some ulterior motive for addressing such concerns and questions in that manner.

I realize we are all busy.
    I have time, and can wait until you have the same to accommodate this request...

Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 12-29-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

guest Guest

Well said Nog.

Who chairs this group? Who are the Executive? What experience do they bring to the table? Are they experienced managers? Do they run Big Business? Board of directors? Any one sitting past or presently at the table with government and stakeholders with wildlife concerns?
    Lets hear your credentials.......can you quantify your negotiation experience? How will you come up with recommendations? From membership or yet again from a few strong willed self driven agendas?

So many questions to answer. If your True as you say and a quantified group. Lets hear who you are.

Until then, Im keeping my money in my jeans, well OK, in my cheap Camo pockets.

Id love to see a unified voice for all BC hunters, but as I see it, given how many groups to please, I dont see it ever happening. Till then, good luck to you.

If the above answers cant be answered publicly, Im out. To tired of self driven agendas catering to special groups.

Individual well written facts sent in letter form to your MLA and others up the ladder in my opion hold a lot of weight. They cant ignore 20000 letters showing up on there door steps from concearned hunters . Pretty easy though not to read an Email.

guest Guest

Maybe just a couple simple q's.....
    Where does this group stand on the scoped xbow issues?
    Where do you stand on baiting of ungulates?
    Where do you stand on higher allocations of wildlife for guides up to 40% in some cases compared to BC resident opportunities?