Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

No shortage of ulterior motives with some of the loudest in that group.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    No shortage of ulterior motives with some of the loudest in that group.
    Care to explain because you clearly have some reasons or motives here

I would not be surprised what you say is true because this has been a common trend in BCs hunting orgs. Definitely a huge problem in the BCWF and has been for a long time.

Look at Numnuts post on scopes on crossbows, they won't get my support.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Look at Numnuts post on scopes on crossbows, they won't get my support.
    from his post here bownut is nothing more then a member and if that is the case he should not be considered a factor

So tell me how you guys got started, is this just a social media group ? or do you have meetings ? how does one get to be on the board for this group ? I realize it is on a volunteer basis, but do you guys need to raise money to operate and if so how is this done ? can you tell me the reason you must sign up to your Facebook site in order to be able to read any of the posts ? I would like to find out more about your group before signing up if I decided to, so is there any other way of doing this ? One last question, if I were to sign up do I get full access to read all posts.

Sorry for so many questions.

Sorry I don’t have time for following the mud slinging. I can make this much easier for anyone interested and forward thinking.
    my number is 250-864-7645
    rob.u1@outlook.com
    im unable to provide a full membership list as there are close to 1200 and rapidly growing. Administration has 9 very passionate and energetic individuals from across BC. trying to make a difference
    i can answer questions much more effectively and efficiently.
    Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

Posted the same time as RobU did above. I would still like to know a little more about this group, as it appears something I may well be interested in...

EDIT to Note:

I did find the website, only to realize I had already subscribed! Damn SomeTimers!!

https://huntersforbc.ca/

And for those on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/796358684144407/

Cheers,
    Nog
    Apparently I have "some-timers" too. I'm pretty sure I haven't subscribed before because it is something that I don't do (except here, this is important) - possible web error may exist

This started as an idea. Some hunting friends and I decided too much complaining and no action. We have discussed every organization and their roles. WSSBC is the leader in this group and we strongly endorse and support their efforts.
    We discussed how best to start out and ask hunters what is needed from an organization consisting of hunters, representing hunters and wildlife from grouse to moose.

A workshop group by invite was set up to show the issues at stake and how best to address these issues. From there the decision was made to become a non profit organization to better organize and show strength in numbers. Simple answer: grass roots organization, hunters rallying to ask for conservation and quality wildlife management. For those wondering, we keep close contact with several other organizations as they have been exceptionally helpful in this process and recognize the need for hunter support and voice.

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    This started as an idea. Some hunting friends and I decided too much complaining and no action. We have discussed every organization and their roles. WSSBC is the leader in this group and we strongly endorse and support their efforts.
    We discussed how best to start out and ask hunters what is needed from an organization consisting of hunters, representing hunters and wildlife from grouse to moose.

A workshop group by invite was set up to show the issues at stake and how best to address these issues. From there the decision was made to become a non profit organization to better organize and show strength in numbers. Simple answer: grass roots organization, hunters rallying to ask for conservation and quality wildlife management. For those wondering, we keep close contact with several other organizations as they have been exceptionally helpful in this process and recognize the need for hunter support and voice.
    Rob- would you mind explaining what you mean by ‘quality wildlife management’?
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

This is highly needed, I hope it turns out to be a good thing and the correct people are driving the bus.