Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

No offense Rob but it is like you are dangling a carrot in front of a bunch of hungry horses. Come clean, list the executive members names and contacts, what exactly is your mission statement, what are you for and against, any educated people on the board, bios, environmental degrees etc. I won't support anything that seems to be secretive.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Just out of curiousity to those that have commented on this thread.
    (and I get wanting to know names etc if you want to know the org.)

But, how did the BCWF come about?
    How did the WSS come about???

Was there just as much "questions" being asked before people stood behind them?
    Just trying to figure out how some groups got legs?
    Cause what I see now, is no one trust no one in BC anymore.
    A few like this guy/gal, a few like that guy/gal.

And I get it, because we spend so much time debating for example "I am for baiting and I am not for baiting" and all the issues that have made even sites like HBC unenjoyable for many over the years.
    When does a the little issues get put to the side and everyone start focusing at the bigger issues?

Seems to me like we need list of names of those "willing to run an Org" and then have a Vote to see which of them we will trust/tolerate and
    which we wont.
    If that's the case, are we going to find anyone that we all can trust??

Again, I get the concern of who is steering the ship and what agendas is a new group leading with etc.
    But then again, I cant help but "feel" we truly are doomed in BC because there are so many divides, whether they are big issues that separate us, or a lot of these minor ones that come up so often amongst hunters.

One thing that is needed, and those that see the big picture, do realize Hunters in BC do need "representation"...a large one!
    And we don't have that.
    And it has to be an Org that looks at the BIG PICTURE of issues, rather then trying to police whether it supports bait bans or not.
    Those are the issues that cant be a part of the Org, otherwise it will never get off the ground.
    It has to be an Org that is only directed at getting the Government and Ministry to react and address real issues.
    Not policing Regs and what fits for the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    What are they pushing that’s so negative?
    I'll start by saying this is not all of the organizers but a couple, and one very vocal and prominent member pushing a few of the things I take issue with.

Let's start with the half in, half out approach to science. All for science when it comes to defending the grizzly bear hunt, wolf reduction and those sorts of things. When it comes to ungulates, biologists etc. they take a 180 and now the science doesn't matter, or they "know better". I think that's called cherry picking?

Then there's the shaming of those who shoot animals that aren't up to his standard. Some of public shaming I've seen has been downright disgusting and makes me embarrassed to be part of the hunting community.

The constant division of hunters and hunting methods is another I take issue with. Don't agree with it? That's ok, just ban it because I don't like it. The list goes on but here's a few.

At a time when the hunting community needs to be more united than it ever has been, I have a hard time throwing my support behind people like this.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Well Rob welcome to the world of social media.

Quote Originally Posted by fearnodeer View Post
    Well Rob welcome to the world of social media.
    I sometimes think that IS the big issue.
    Back in the day, you either had to pick up a phone and have one on one discussions, or show up and do it face to face.
    Which, I can see thigs working out and we got groups like WSS and BCWF.

But now, all can be lost in a post, in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    I'll start by saying this is not all of the organizers but a couple, and one very vocal and prominent member pushing a few of the things I take issue with.

Let's start with the half in, half out approach to science. All for science when it comes to defending the grizzly bear hunt, wolf reduction and those sorts of things. When it comes to ungulates, biologists etc. they take a 180 and now the science doesn't matter, or they "know better". I think that's called cherry picking?

Then there's the shaming of those who shoot animals that aren't up to his standard. Some of public shaming I've seen has been downright disgusting and makes me embarrassed to be part of the hunting community.

The constant division of hunters and hunting methods is another I take issue with. Don't agree with it? That's ok, just ban it because I don't like it. The list goes on but here's a few.

At a time when the hunting community needs to be more united than it ever has been, I have a hard time throwing my support behind people like this.
    That's the part I worry about with Orgs.
    If a group like Hunters for BC tackles the big issues we face, then great.
    But if there are going to be all those little nuances in the mix, like we support this type of hunting , but not this way, then we have just more
    of the same.

If they want to focus on BIG STUFF, like Pred Reduction, that BS spraying up north, or pushing for more funding, more CO's, Forestry Practices in the Age of Beetle, stuff like that, we totally need Representation.
    The majority of hunters would stand behind that.

If it is going to be LEH that, bait ban this, there will be no unity!
    Just more of the same.

As for "this one person", I should would be curious to know who that is (shaming) and would also like to know who the one Prominent Member
    is?
    Think its time some are just called out of the wood pile, for everyone to see.
    This guessing stuff, for me, I am realizing I am getting too old for

But yes, fully agree what we need a much better united front.
    I have all of my hunting life in an era of "decline", as compared to my father when he started.
    Telling old guys what needs to happen is pointless...set in their ways.
    But getting the younger folks, who are equally as concerned, to enlighten them on what has already been tried and failed and to not
    watch them go down the same rabbit hole as my generation did, is my only hope.
    Thus my hating seeing more Regs for a useless endeavor and useless outcome.
    I want to see changes that "make a difference".

Another question for you Rob, what are you, a resident hunter, guide, outfitter, just curious as to who or what you are. You can at least give us your bio??
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post

Sounds like you have legitimate personal concerns about some involved

Sadly common trend with all orgs just different twists
    Last edited by Wild one; 12-29-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Seldom is success realized without sound and proven leadership, simple fact.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

We all need to understand that some of the things this group may push for or stand for may not align with our individual beleifs/morals . And that is ok . Just becuase a group or person isnt against what you are against doesnt mean that the group wont help with the bigger picture and help our wildlife!! .
    Just becuase there may be 1or 2 people you dont like on the board doesnt mean it is not worth your time to join and or support the group. Have to look at it as a whole . As rob has stated . Questions can be either asked thru phone, pm or email . Yet people still continue to ask in the thread and call rob out becuase he is not answering questions after stating how to discuss the group or questions. Rob is right . Social media garbage , online mudslinging etc etc . . If you join . We will have time to all meet face to face . And will see how different it goes compared to this online shit . We must unite . We are devided .far to much . Stand together before we have nothing left . At a certain maturity level you just have enough with the shit talking and ego shit . Stand for what you beleive in as a whole . Work together or get chastised and pushed out. Thats our individual choices .
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”