Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Care to explain because you clearly have some reasons or motives here

I would not be surprised what you say is true because this has been a common trend in BCs hunting orgs.
    I would just say to anyone considering throwing their support behind said group to do their due diligence. Might be surprised at some of the things the organizers are pushing for. I can get behind any person or group that truly has wildlife as their first priority but I personally don't think that is entirely the case here.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Sorry I don’t have time for following the mud slinging. I can make this much easier for anyone interested and forward thinking.
    my number is 250-864-7645
    rob.u1@outlook.com
    im unable to provide a full membership list as there are close to 1200 and rapidly growing. Administration has 9 very passionate and energetic individuals from across BC. trying to make a difference
    i can answer questions much more effectively and efficiently.
    Robin.
    My opinion for those wanting to know what is really going on with this group use the above contact information

Not being in BC anymore is the only reason I won’t be

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Rob- would you mind explaining what you mean by ‘quality wildlife management’?
    I'd like to see this one explained as well..
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Congrats to you Rob! The vast amounts of hunters will just sit back and bitcch and fingerpoint, if your membership can herd these cats it will be great for all resident hunters in B.C.
    it will be tough to get going, have to just become non for profit society then create an organizational chart, figure out a membership cost to cover expenses then get vocal, go to trade / gun shows and get a booth/table..
    best of luck!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    I would just say to anyone considering throwing their support behind said group to do their due diligence. Might be surprised at some of the things the organizers are pushing for. I can get behind any person or group that truly has wildlife as their first priority but I personally don't think that is entirely the case here.
    What are they pushing that’s so negative?

Completely fair response and something I would say for all groups. Doing ones do diligence is important so you know you will be supporting a org that represents your personal views and push for the future of hunting to go in that direction

People need to stop throwing support behind orgs without research if they want proper representation. If hunters did this more often in the past there would likely be less hunters upset on how they are represented today

I'd like to see this one explained as well..
    you could also enlighten people on the issues you are concerned about regarding this group

I have already been informed bownut is not a driving force in this org like some claimed earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Rob- would you mind explaining what you mean by ‘quality wildlife management’?
    Brent. We’ve known each other for decades.
    just call or PM me.

quality management means anything other than what we’ve seen for past 20 years. In other words. Manage to our current numbers, not what we used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Brent. We’ve known each other for decades.
    just call or PM me.

quality management means anything other than what we’ve seen for past 20 years. In other words. Manage to our current numbers, not what we used to have.
    That would be a step in the right direction

For those trying to punish me on this site. Grow up. Hiding behind self imposed nick names and sniping. Get a life. Get out of the virtual world, grow a pair and get busy with the important problems. Wow!!