Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Trying to keep up here. Not easy. Not dismissive. Everything I read here is going straight to the others. Get it all out. I just simply cannot find time to address every comment whether good or bad. We are looking at both so don’t think in dismissing anything. Keep in mind I’m not only here on my time, I need to answer for the others as well. I won’t be painted into a corner. As for accusations of being elitist trophy hunters - wrong
    As for the accusation of being anti family and youth - wrong we all have families and children.
    The proposals for changes have been thoroughly read and talked about. Many are trivial and are not prescribed to help wildlife rebound. I almost think some of them are deliberately trying to keep hunters bickering amongst ourselves.
    Robin.

RobU

"very sorry. Just won’t be drawn into a left wing / right wing argument. All your feedback has been passed along. Moderating and changes will be made as required. I cannot use my time for counterproductive he said she said arguing. I simply do not have enough spare time to make that happen. Please send us your concerns and feedback as well as it is all helpful.

I have also posted my contact information which definitely makes this much easier than a forum format of communication. As directors and committee share a wide variety of hunting styles and preferences, I cannot comment on which is best for wildlife. I can say for certain many are giving predators no room to breath.
    Robin."

With respect you came here soliciting support for your organization. I am on the fence quite frankly I have read everything on your website on have concerns as an exampleHarvest Season vs Quality Hunting Opportunities

Identify High Pressure Hunting Areas

Your reluctance to address specifics has me concerned that your definition of a quality experience may lead to significant loss of opportunity because your groups definition of a Quality experience may differ from others.

I'm too old to blindly jump on a wagon without ensuring it is going in a direction I can support.

I strongly believe we need an advocate for hunters but it must be inclusive to all styles and expectations at this point I'm not sure your organization meets that requirement for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    No kidding!
    Hunters are like herding cats.
    Then you have the shit disturbers that don’t hunt much, if at all, do not contribute any of their time to wildlife initiatives other than flex their muscles on here....and we sink.
    What’s gone on in the past as far as our hunter representation has been a weak kneed shit show.
    We need something new....and maybe Robs group is it.
    Who gives a shit if Shane Brady is vocal on his thoughts.
    At least he has some....the sheep have followed their “flawless” leaders.
    How has that worked out?

I think the problem is social media.
    It just proves that communication is 60% non-verbal.
    Most of us are not writers nor poets.
    You need to be a writer to be able to relay your thoughts on paper (what this is).
    I think I have always been considered a good communicator and can express myself well, but on social media I just can't relay jack scat to anyone.
    I think my brain runs faster than my fingers. Can't get them in sync.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Muliechaser,

Here's one for you - How is it that at one time hunter numbers in BC were twice (yes, twice) what they are today, we had any mule deer buck for 3 months, GOS elk seasons 3pt or better to November 15 in R8, liberal seasons everywhere you looked and yet had booming ungulate numbers?

Simple - we had quality habitat and whacked predators. 30+ years of reducing seasons and pushing for regulation restrictions hasn't fixed a damn thing. We need to focus on making more wildlife. Continuing to divide up a shrinking pie is a waste of time but some people still refuse to see that.
    Kudos to organizing HUNTERS FOR BC

I've been hunting in BC since '65 & yes there were many more hunters & the seasons much longer with fewer restrictions.
    Still remember the good old days when hunters commonly displayed their harvested animals on their vehicles. LT(LOVER 308 ) & I showed off our 2 moose on top of my VW one year.
    We were very successful in hunting.

Then the Omineca model was introduced for moose in the early 80's by some think he knows it all dude & things went downhill thereafter.

Then other problems cropped up-
    Again as I said many times before present game management means squat without the FN harvest report.
    Night hunting must be stopped asap & indiscriminate year round, night & day slaughter must be curtailed.

Bear numbers must be drastically reduced.
    They have been proven to be extremely efficient calf killers some killing dozens in the first few weeks.

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

To be fair, we don't need another non profit group. There are several that are already established. Join one, get on the board, get your buddies on the board, drive change in the established groups. having lots of little non profit conservation groups is just splintering things. If you don't like BCWF then join WSSBC. I think WSSBC is more a hunting and coservation group than BCWF, they are focused on the right things, and are supporting growing our social presence in a positive manner as well as working with BCWF. Lets increase these established organizations presence and help drive the messages we want.

1Campfire is a directive that is meant to push the "why hunters hunt" and it will be effective, we just need to get behind it. Its not about the kill, its about hunting. 99% of hunting isn't killing.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Already given up on your Wildlife Stewardship Council Mike??
    Seeking another way... already???

Speaking of which, you appear on their Member's List and I know you were actively involved with them in the past.
    Why don't you ask them to answer just how they voted on many of the current hunting regulation proposals, which ones they supported and why? Seems they see fit to ignore anyone else's queries in this regard, blissfully thinking that they, in the end, will not be held accountable for their actions...

Cheers,

Nog- He who hunts more than most, contributes to many wildlife & fisheries initiatives, and detests spin doctors of all kinds...
    Matt, I’m still a member of the island based Wildlife Stewardship Council...that said the WSC is more inclined to be a working group of outfitter/FN’s as well as some individuals that have concerns for wildlife.
    Therefore I’ve focused more of my time on working in conjunction with the Tahltans, whose territory I operate within.

As for the other start up group to represent hunters and others that have land based concerns.... the Wildland Stewards Association....well what can I say other than it kind of ran out of gas.

To support and grow the message of who & what the hunting community is all about I’ve thrown my support behind 1campfire through donated hunts with all proceeds raised going towards their PR campaign.

Speaking for what this thread has shown, and the barrage of social media attacks towards a guy who is trying to make change for the better....the “ one who walks his own path” in BC wildlife politics is subject to a lot of shit & abuse....he better have a thick hide.

Really, how would conversations such as this thread has brought out go in a face to face meeting
    My bet would be there’d either be a lot more respect shown or a few guys would be spitting their teeth out.

As for Robins group....sure I was invited to their Facebook page along with 1200 or so others.
    That’s as far as my involvement goes at this time.
    I’m to damn busy running an outfitting business to get in any deeper.
    Last edited by bearvalley; 01-03-2020 at 05:05 AM.

I do know (very well) at least one gentleman on the board, very qualified, an exellent fellow in my view.

Anyone know if FN have a plan for the future of resident hunter's hunting in this Province?
    because if they do.......

Doe's "hunter's for BC" have any plan for growing more game in this Province?

Are we managing wildlife to zero in BC?
    http://hunterconservationist.ca/are-...tish-columbia/

Thumbs up Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Are we managing wildlife to zero in BC?
    http://hunterconservationist.ca/are-...tish-columbia/
    BINGO!!!

Additional steps hunters can take to help include:

1. Approaching issues with “eyes-wide-open” so you are aware of power plays.
    2. Focusing on the “Big Picture” vision for hunting and wildlife conservation.
    3. Presenting well-thought out messages in public forums that cannot be spun by the media.
    4. Demanding people speak the truth and back up opinions with facts.
    5. Shifting the discussion away from hunting regulations to that of science-based wildlife management.
    6. Telling your elected officials you want government to create legislated objectives for fish and wildlife populations.

Cheers & Thanks!
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 01-02-2020 at 04:59 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Excellent article