Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Transparency is absoutely vital.

Robin, can I/we get your thoughts and comments on FN issues regarding hunting and fishing in BC?
    Its a fair question, just cause there is no control doesn't mean an answer isn't/can't/won't be forthcoming.

guest Guest

Until there is ACCOUNTABILITY BY ALL user groups.....including FNs

There will be NO SUSTAINABILITY

So just how can ANY other groups work with 1 that has ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY and answers to no one.

Good luck to any of these organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Do some research regarding FN treaties and there hunting rights. You decided for yourself from there
    With all due respect, I'm well enough versed in FN treaties and rights to ask for thoughts and comments on such from an organization/individual that claims to have my interests at heart, when I am, as a resident hunter in BC, being asked to consider joining and/or supporting that organization.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    With all due respect, I'm well enough versed in FN treaties and rights to ask for thoughts and comments on such from an organization/individual that claims to have my interests at heart, when I am, as a resident hunter in BC, being asked to consider joining and/or supporting that organization.
    I understand and you definitely have the right to ask

Just remember any hunting org that takes a stance that many hunters would like to hear publicly on an open forum is shooting them selves in the foot when it comes to building relationships to have influence involving govt. F ing politics suck

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    I’m with all previous posters asking for transparency. Any business deals I’ve had have been on merit and due diligence. Once the who, what and why are answered truthfully, only then will the majority step up to the plate with support. Too many times have we been fooled over the past few years and I for one am leery and gun shy.
    Great post and demonstrates a experienced perspective.

If you cant answer, "who, what, why, how, when"...some folks radar goes off.

I respect anyone that steps up. If you step up simply have your ducks in a row and ensure you can sell the "who, what, why, how, when".

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

All I know is, I want an Org that represents Resident Hunters at the table, to deal with big issues like lack of funding.
    Getting the Ministry to go back to science and do things like Pred culls if the science is there.
    Work with the FN and such to make sure we have a model that we can all work around and protect each others rights etc.

What I don't want is an Org that strats to take stances on, "we support the bait ban" or "we support 4 pt only" stand.
    Basically just trying to Regulate other hunters.
    We have enough of that already with dismal results.

We just need Hunter Representation that supports all facets, all types of hunting and who main mandate is to make sure others at the table,
    especially the government, are living up to their side of the deal.
    Which has been the biggest problem for years!

Feel bad for Rob U, poor guy is trying to create a advocacy group to stand up for hunters and just gets shiet on here? With this mindset hunters will be doomed, easy to say they can fall in a barrel of tittays and come out sucking their thumb!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Where is Rob, i see he has been online since many here have asked questions, maybe buying more ducks to put in line!!
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Where is Rob, i see he has been online since many here have asked questions, maybe buying more ducks to put in line!!
    Lets give him a chance, he stepped up and did what he said he was going to do.

One thing BC hunters need to start realizing is in a lot of provinces and states there is more active hunting orgs then you find in BC. This does not dilute the voice of hunters but instead creates more people representing hunting in the prov/state. They don’t all need to be representing the same styles of hunting or views.

The “There can only be one” attitude regarding hunting orgs in BC has a very negative effect limiting your number of speakers and leaving aspects of hunting poorly represented. It also leaves BC hunters very open to individual pushing personal agendas. The odds of a hunting org coming along that represents all hunters is truly a pipe dream

Support who you feel represents your views is the best way to go. I already seen BC screw up attacking SCI limiting its growth. They have done more world wide for hunting then any org in BC yet it was attacked similar to how this new org is now

Might be time to start re thinking the one org to represent all mentality