Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Dave Ryder is also posting about certain hunting seasons being the reason for our current wildlife situation. Starting to see quite the trend on the motives here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Dave Ryder is also posting about certain hunting seasons being the reason for our current wildlife situation. Starting to see quite the trend on the motives here.
    Appears to be a common theme.

Slapping more regulations on hunters hasn’t worked for 30 years but why not keep trying eh!?
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Appears to be a common theme.

Slapping more regulations on hunters hasn’t worked for 30 years but why not keep trying eh!?
    All more regulation did was dig us a deeper hole.

The way Shane Brady portrays himself on some fb groups will turn a lot of people. He is on one heck of a high horse and has cut far to many guys down for taking animals he feels they shouldn’t be. Younger bucks, antlerless deer etc.

I am very concerned his main agenda will be toward further restricting hunters.
    Completely agree with you on this one. He may be a great hunter but his poisonous attitude and lack of basic wildlife biology and management will sink this new ship that is trying to sail.

It would appear that this new group is attempting to rely on hunting regulations to change the downward trend in wildlife populations.

And from our FB conversations Robin, it seems like you don’t realize that our wildlife managers are woefully underfunded. Regulations are cheap and easy to change, right?

Seems this group is lacking its 30,000 view.

I’m 100% NOT supporting this group.

SSS
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 12-31-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Sounds like some valid reasons are coming up for why some will not support this group

Now out of curiosity from these same people who do you presently support or recommend?

Hey Rob thanks for the names, but there is nothing beside them as in biology degree, Bsc, environmental engineering etc, or any kind of education other than being an equipment operator. I don't think i am into supporting a group that seems to be tied to guiding either.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Peel back a few layers....if I have to watch my six then I won't be joining any hunting groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Sounds like some valid reasons are coming up for why some will not support this group

Now out of curiosity from these same people who do you presently support or recommend?
    Wild Sheep Society

Wild Sheep Society
    probably the most respected in BC

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Completely agree with you on this one. He may be a great hunter but his poisonous attitude and lack of basic wildlife biology and management will sink this new ship that is trying to sail.

It would appear that this new group is attempting to rely on hunting regulations to change the downward trend in wildlife populations.

And from our FB conversations Robin, it seems like you don’t realize that our wildlife managers are woefully underfunded. Regulations are cheap and easy to change, right?

Seems this group is lacking its 30,000 view.

I’m 100% NOT supporting this group.

SSS
    This is what my interactions with those individuals has been like as well. Judging by the amateurish petitions they've been passing around, their main reason for starting this group seems to be centred around the whitetail antlerless and October any buck seasons. Thanks, but no thanks.

Groups like WSSBC and 1Campfire will continue to have my support.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."