Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunters for BC

Nice Video - Interesting ANY more INFO on them ? RJ

guest Guest

OK..... I will bite.

Good message. Whos listening? What are the goals? How do you grow in membership and get to the table to make a difference on decisions concerning our Wildlifes future?

In the past ive been a member of many organizations past and present. WSSBC. BCHA. BCWF. RMEF. To name a few.

Of which some of these have presented a few proposals that have done nothing to improve Conservation for concern of all Wildlife and further regulate the resident hunter with regulations that do nothing but cater to chosen groups and organizations.

Id like nothing more than to see all BC Hunters on the same page demanding change for betterment of all Species. But really, the way we are all opinionated and beliefs vary from FNs, to Guides, to Residents, to Antis, to the blind eyes of politicians. I personally dont ever see us coming together as one. IMHO.

I hope this is the start and I hope Im wrong. Time will tell. And time is something we dont have a lot of. Its purely sickening the lack of funding to our Bios and managers, sickening the decisions made by several governments to cater to the Anti movement. With no science for the betterment of All Wildlife, rather then the chosen few fuzzy cuddly critters.
    Good luck to those trying to make a difference.

Remington Jim and anyone else interested. We are currently working on becoming a non profit organization. A great group of hunters have formed a loose committee for this process.
    Start up projects include letter to premiere Horgan, MLAs, regulation changes and recommendations, plus much more. The promotional video was produced by Dean Trumbley and his team at Bushnell Trigger Effects. Not to point it the obvious to fellow hunters, we would like to reach out to the non hunting community (the silent majority). The hunting community needs to show we care, we’re responsible and we won’t stand for blatant mismanagement. We’re a forward thinking organization built by hunters for wildlife conservation. Much more to come in the near future. We also have a working group Hunters for BC on Facebook until we become mainstream in early 2020. This Hunting BC site has many terrific people and we hope to share your passions, frustrations and work together to form solutions.
    Feel free to PM me or reach out to us on the website with questions or concerns.
    huntersforbc.ca
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC151090-4A7E-4579-96A8-AC9D74531B3C.jpg 
Views:	2018 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	7716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19E319FF-166A-415C-9EA7-5BB7B343DA46.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	7717  

Arrow Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Nice Video - Interesting ANY more INFO on them ? RJ
    Posted the same time as RobU did above. I would still like to know a little more about this group, as it appears something I may well be interested in...

EDIT to Note:

I did find the website, only to realize I had already subscribed! Damn SomeTimers!!

https://huntersforbc.ca/

And for those on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/796358684144407/

Cheers,
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 12-28-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I like it, count me in if becomes a functioning organization.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Remington Jim and anyone else interested. We are currently working on becoming a non profit organization. A great group of hunters have formed a loose committee for this process.
    Start up projects include letter to premiere Horgan, MLAs, regulation changes and recommendations, plus much more. The promotional video was produced by Dean Trumbley and his team at Bushnell Trigger Effects. Not to point it the obvious to fellow hunters, we would like to reach out to the non hunting community (the silent majority). The hunting community needs to show we care, we’re responsible and we won’t stand for blatant mismanagement. We’re a forward thinking organization built by hunters for wildlife conservation. Much more to come in the near future. We also have a working group Hunters for BC on Facebook until we become mainstream in early 2020. This Hunting BC site has many terrific people and we hope to share your passions, frustrations and work together to form solutions.
    Feel free to PM me or reach out to us on the website with questions or concerns.
    huntersforbc.ca
    Smart..... I'm all ears.

I also really like people who do what they said they were going to do.

I tried sending an email last time they posted asking for more info. A coworker did the same. Neither of us ever heard back from anyone.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Thanks. I’m all ears for feedback. As we are all hard core hunters, trappers and outdoors people, it’s important to understand and acknowledge members. Being small and starting out, we’ve been warned not to spread too thin as BC has multiple problems with many potential solutions. Currently it’s very important to get the message out about hunting and it’s role in conservation. Feedback over the past 2 months has been overwhelmingly positive and yes there are always nay sayers in every crowd. Very happy with our current goals and looking forward to a hard working and active 2020.
    A little about myself: I’ve been a hunter my entire life with 8 years guiding. I’ve seen what this province is capable of and deeply saddened by its current state. I’m a member of 3 organizations and have reluctantly decided to drop one of them. Our efforts to this cause will not yield instant rewards as I believe it could take much time and effort to reverse some of the current trends. We’re in it for the long haul. My full name is Robin Unrau and we will do our absolute best to represent hunters and promote hunting with a professional and respectable attitude. Meeting a ton of great folks along the way and great friendships developing for a common goal.