Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    One thing BC hunters need to start realizing is in a lot of provinces and states there is more active hunting orgs then you find in BC. This does not dilute the voice of hunters but instead creates more people representing hunting in the prov/state. They don’t all need to be representing the same styles of hunting or views.

The “There can only be one” attitude regarding hunting orgs in BC has a very negative effect limiting your number of speakers and leaving aspects of hunting poorly represented. It also leaves BC hunters very open to individual pushing personal agendas. The odds of a hunting org coming along that represents all hunters is truly a pipe dream

Support who you feel represents your views is the best way to go. I already seen BC screw up attacking SCI limiting its growth. They have done more world wide for hunting then any org in BC yet it was attacked similar to how this new org is now

Might be time to start re thinking the one org to represent all mentality
    I hear what you’re saying and have zero issues with more groups supporting the sport we love, but there still needs to be commonality and transparency.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I love it when someone tries to solve a problem and then asks "Where is our government?"
    Last edited by adriaticum; 12-30-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I love it when someone tries to solve a problem and then asks "Where is our government?"
    They’re right behind us given it to us in the a** as usual. ☹️☹️☹️
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    I hear what you’re saying and have zero issues with more groups supporting the sport we love, but there still needs to be commonality and transparency.
    I agree and someone can’t expect support without it. In this case there was contact info given even though some are expecting everything on open forum. I do understand people would rather have easy access to some of the information requested and would probably benefit this new org to have at least who is spearheading this on their web page

Definitely better ways to go about things

Hi. Sorry everyone. Been busy too.
    meeting today. I will feel comfortable giving answers to some questions when the others are versed on the questions as well. I cannot sit here and answer fully for just myself. 10 great individuals from different parts of BC. Names to follow.
    Stance on FN is a very loaded question with zero easy answers and will be addressed today as well. This is also on the website. Our mission statement is very clear with no hidden agendas. Conservation and wildlife must come first. An open minded approach to FN issues is the only way to move forward, this will be dialed in as we grow. Quality management? Responsible management, forward thinking management? A remodeling of our current management policies must happen. Not just in hunting but all levels. A quick flight over BC or an hour on google earth can quickly reveal where so much has gone wrong. We will be discussing the proposed regulation changes today as well and submit our own recommendations for what they’re worth. PHTAT will be the ones in the drivers seat on that one. We expect lumps and bumps along the way and won’t blink an eye. It part of the process. We will always support all predator control and initiate educational programs to help those interested. I’d like to see better policies on dormant traplines where these unused lines can be put to better use. I see a real surge in folks wanting to do their part.
    I hope this helps and I’ll be happy to answer pms, emails, calls and texts when I can. Interesting fact that I’m sure some of you know. Hunters are 1.6 % of the BC population. We will really need to focus on certain issues and allow the 98.4% a chance to understand and recognize the need for funding and real government responses. Hunting generates close to 400million dollars in this province annually plus 2000 + jobs. A great return for a government that invests as little as possible into wildlife.

Well this is a new group and I am sure it will take them some time to figure out how to run things as well as how to answer all the questions, Question for all on here how many of you are involved in helping out ?

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Hi. Sorry everyone. Been busy too.
    meeting today. I will feel comfortable giving answers to some questions when the others are versed on the questions as well. I cannot sit here and answer fully for just myself. 10 great individuals from different parts of BC. Names to follow.
    Stance on FN is a very loaded question with zero easy answers and will be addressed today as well. This is also on the website. Our mission statement is very clear with no hidden agendas. Conservation and wildlife must come first. An open minded approach to FN issues is the only way to move forward, this will be dialed in as we grow. Quality management? Responsible management, forward thinking management? A remodeling of our current management policies must happen. Not just in hunting but all levels. A quick flight over BC or an hour on google earth can quickly reveal where so much has gone wrong. We will be discussing the proposed regulation changes today as well and submit our own recommendations for what they’re worth. PHTAT will be the ones in the drivers seat on that one. We expect lumps and bumps along the way and won’t blink an eye. It part of the process. We will always support all predator control and initiate educational programs to help those interested. I’d like to see better policies on dormant traplines where these unused lines can be put to better use. I see a real surge in folks wanting to do their part.
    I hope this helps and I’ll be happy to answer pms, emails, calls and texts when I can. Interesting fact that I’m sure some of you know. Hunters are 1.6 % of the BC population. We will really need to focus on certain issues and allow the 98.4% a chance to understand and recognize the need for funding and real government responses. Hunting generates close to 400million dollars in this province annually plus 2000 + jobs. A great return for a government that invests as little as possible into wildlife.
    Will wait for the list to follow to decide but from you have wrote here although some thoughts may be on the right way doesn't sound like it has my vote yet, will stick with WSF.

Just read more questions. Getting caught up. In no particular order.
    Ted Bocking
    Robin Unrau
    Dave Ryder
    Terry Halleran
    Brett Kryski
    Amberlee Ficociello
    Shane Brady
    Dean Trumbley
    Doug Palmer

to name a few. We all have different hunting styles. We are well versed in predator hunting with some of the group still very active predator hunters and trappers.

Mission Statement and goals plus much more on the website. If replies are slow apologies as not one of us is doing this as a full time job. Myself I have 2 jobs. Just a hard Workin, tax payin, hunting loving blue collar guy. I’ll try harder to stay on top of this thread.
    I will update as we set things in stone. Keep in mind this is early stages. Not asking for anything. Thoughts, comments, constructive criticism. Can we make every hunter in bc happy? You already know that answer. We are a diverse bunch.
    Robin

We’re definitely not asking anyone to switch their beliefs and support. But asking the question...are we doing enough to make things better. I’m still a supporting member of 2 other orgs and will not stop that.

Well Robin,

I think if the Group can stay "focused" on the BIG ISSUES that have been the largest detriment for many decades now, then I see working.
    If it becomes driven by smaller agendas (an issue that appears to plague the BCWF now), then it will be a tough go.
    I think there are many hunters in BC that feel they no longer have a voice, long believed to be carried in the words of the BCWF until reality
    set in after the GOABC issues, and many realized we as hunters, were mute.

A voice that starts telling others, like in government that many of our current issues are due to neglect for decades from many things outside
    the hunting community is long overdue or has fallen on deaf ears.
    Things like educating hunters in hunting tactic and ethics is all good too.
    Never hurts to look at ourselves from time to time either.