Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Muliechaser,

Here's one for you - How is it that at one time hunter numbers in BC were twice (yes, twice) what they are today, we had any mule deer buck for 3 months, GOS elk seasons 3pt or better to November 15 in R8, liberal seasons everywhere you looked and yet had booming ungulate numbers?

Simple - we had quality habitat and whacked predators. 30+ years of reducing seasons and pushing for regulation restrictions hasn't fixed a damn thing. We need to focus on making more wildlife. Continuing to divide up a shrinking pie is a waste of time but some people still refuse to see that.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Muliechaser,

Here's one for you - How is it that at one time hunter numbers in BC were twice (yes, twice) what they are today, we had any mule deer buck for 3 months, GOS elk seasons 3pt or better to November 15 in R8, liberal seasons everywhere you looked and yet had booming ungulate numbers?

Simple - we had quality habitat and whacked predators. 30+ years of reducing seasons and pushing for regulation restrictions hasn't fixed a damn thing. We need to focus on making more wildlife. Continuing to divide up a shrinking pie is a waste of time but some people still refuse to see that.

I say that back road access is a big factor back in the day there were less roads to get into remote areas..

What we need is more road closures ,,example about 10 years ago the management opened up 4 road closures that had been closed for no use of motorized units..

I used to walk into these area and was good elk mule deer hunting since the management lifted this road clousher every tom dick and harry were in there slaughtering the elk deer.

I would not go into this area that was one of my favorite areas to hunt in fear that I might get a bullet into me there was people everywhere camps set up all over the place..

I did a drive through this area one week on the opening GOS to see how bad it was in remote areas the animals don't have as much fear to humans as they would if they were in
    areas where there is road access the animals see you there gone,,I don't know why management lifted this closed road ban..

I will tell you that I was some steamed when I found out that this road clousher that had been closed for many years now was going to be accessed by quads and trucks etc..

Picture of me holding this bull elk rack 12 years ago in a road clousher I talked about

Last edited by hunter1947; 01-02-2020 at 06:42 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Muliechaser,

Yes and with twice the hunter numbers we had 10x less access . I remember my day bringing home some nice elk and mulies back in the 90s . Anyways .
    We have 10x the access we did 50 years ago logging /development continued making access easyier and good habitat slowly disapear . Making it easyer for preds to travel. The contuation of this with hunting exuipment also advancing and mismanagment and you have our situation . As the years went by . Those "booming numbers slowly degraded to the point that it cannot sustain predatation ,winter kill and all other variables including hunter harvest without finally seeing a huge decline in animals .
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Thumbs down Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    ... Your comment about saviours of wildlife, you’re out to lunch. I can’t waste any more time on your opinion. But thank you.
    It is both the actions on Facebook of several of your "key players", and your own dismissive attitude towards anyone who questions you that have many here expressing caution regarding just what your group's agenda might be. Not hard to understand really, for actions in many cases really do speak louder than words. And when one's action counter what is being said, there is an obvious reason for concern.

When it comes to words however, you, their self-appointed spokesman, seem at no loss when it comes to belittling those who do not openly embrace your theories...

When I listed my queries, I did so politely and did note I have time for you to put those together.
    I see though, that you have largely ignored my request, along with the requests from several others...

Perhaps coincidence, but it does remind me of when you were questioned as to just who "tasked" you with writing an article on CWD relating to British Columbia, and just where that might eventually appear if / when written. Then you actually went all Crickets on us...

Interesting read that particular thread btw: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ghlight=Update

In it one can easily ascertain Bownut's position regarding baiting (among other issues) and Rob's reaction to being questioned by informed long term members here. I apparently am an "arsehole", a waste of his time (sound familiar?), and obviously not a "real hunter with genuine interest and concerns for BC" . Silvertip is a "yappy little dog" who needs to learn to read. Ourea acts like a school girl (and was advised to Be a Man), has little buddies who like to snipe, and should spend his time watching Sesame Street rather than paying attention and expressing concern towards the ins and outs of BC's wildlife management concerns.

There's more, but methinks y'all get the gist. Unless some wondrous change has occurred (as in The Leopard changed his spots) I am not so certain I want this fellow "representing" me. Perhaps he can convince me by actually working on the transparency he noted, and addressing the many concerns and queries presented in this thread...

Perhaps

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    It is both the actions on Facebook of several of your "key players", and your own dismissive attitude towards anyone who questions you that have many here expressing caution regarding just what your group's agenda might be. Not hard to understand really, for actions in many cases really do speak louder than words. And when one's action counter what is being said, there is an obvious reason for concern.

When it comes to words however, you, their self-appointed spokesman, seem at no loss when it comes to belittling those who do not openly embrace your theories...

When I listed my queries, I did so politely and did note I have time for you to put those together.
    I see though, that you have largely ignored my request, along with the requests from several others...

Perhaps coincidence, but it does remind me of when you were questioned as to just who "tasked" you with writing an article on CWD relating to British Columbia, and just where that might eventually appear if / when written. Then you actually went all Crickets on us...

Interesting read that particular thread btw: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ghlight=Update

In it one can easily ascertain Bownut's position regarding baiting (among other issues) and Rob's reaction to being questioned by informed long term members here. I apparently am an "arsehole", a waste of his time (sound familiar?), and obviously not a "real hunter with genuine interest and concerns for BC" . Silvertip is a "yappy little dog" who needs to learn to read. Ourea acts like a school girl (and was advised to Be a Man), has little buddies who like to snipe, and should spend his time watching Sesame Street rather than paying attention and expressing concern towards the ins and outs of BC's wildlife management concerns.

There's more, but methinks y'all get the gist. Unless some wondrous change has occurred (as in The Leopard changed his spots) I am not so certain I want this fellow "representing" me. Perhaps he can convince me by actually working on the transparency he noted, and addressing the many concerns and queries presented in this thread...

Perhaps

Nog
    very well said, thanks

jeebus, why can't we all just get along
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Unfortunately for us, this is how you have chosen to respond. We need to hear what your agenda is that no other group has. In a public forum, not a personal phone call.
    And I know what I have stated is correct. I'm willing to debate you here on every point I made.
    very sorry. Just won’t be drawn into a left wing / right wing argument. All your feedback has been passed along. Moderating and changes will be made as required. I cannot use my time for counterproductive he said she said arguing. I simply do not have enough spare time to make that happen. Please send us your concerns and feedback as well as it is all helpful.
    I have also posted my contact information which definitely makes this much easier than a forum format of communication. As directors and committee share a wide variety of hunting styles and preferences, I cannot comment on which is best for wildlife. I can say for certain many are giving predators no room to breath.
    Robin.

Question Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    very sorry. Just won’t be drawn into a left wing / right wing argument....
    No-one is asking for, nor suggesting anything of the kind!
    More than a bit of a stretch to suggest they are.

So, in response to the queries and concerns...

Wondering...
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 01-02-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    jeebus, why can't we all just get along
    No kidding!
    Hunters are like herding cats.
    Then you have the shit disturbers that don’t hunt much, if at all, do not contribute any of their time to wildlife initiatives other than flex their muscles on here....and we sink.
    What’s gone on in the past as far as our hunter representation has been a weak kneed shit show.
    We need something new....and maybe Robs group is it.
    Who gives a shit if Shane Brady is vocal on his thoughts.
    At least he has some thought of his own....in the past the sheep have just followed their “flawless” leaders.
    How has that worked out?
    Last edited by bearvalley; 01-02-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Arrow Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    No kidding!
    ... What’s gone on in the past as far as our hunter representation has been a weak kneed shit show.
    We need something new....and maybe Robs group is it...
    Already given up on your Wildlife Stewardship Council Mike??
    Seeking another way... already???

Speaking of which, you appear on their Member's List and I know you were actively involved with them in the past.
    Why don't you ask them to answer just how they voted on many of the current hunting regulation proposals, which ones they supported and why? Seems they see fit to ignore anyone else's queries in this regard, blissfully thinking that they, in the end, will not be held accountable for their actions...

Cheers,
    Nog- He who hunts more than most, contributes to many wildlife & fisheries initiatives, and detests spin doctors of all kinds...

Guess he got to Know me