Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Question Re: Hunters for BC

A few related questions...

Who are these people? I mean beyond yourself, who else is on your Board, and who else is backing the initiative behind the scenes?

What exactly are they going to do that’s any different from organizations like one campfire, Wild sheep society, BHA, SCI etc?

While I agree with the background you provided, it simply doesn't go deep enough.

The concept is good. Splintering already thin resources is not.

Convince us...

Waiting...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Hunters for BC

Is Bownut Al still "one of these people"?

I gave up on his lobbying for Hunters for BC after being told too many lies.
    I simply don't trust him.
    Last edited by Walking Buffalo; 12-28-2019 at 01:50 PM.

guest Guest

[QUOTE=Walking Buffalo;2141856]Is Bownut Al still "one of these people"?

Whoa.......I hope not too, some of his self driven agendas were certainly not in the best interest of ALL BC hunters.

Would be nice to see a complete list of the executive or who chairs this movement.

After all, look at a few of the other organizations many of us thought were supporting BC Hunters concerns.......only to bite us in the backside.

I hope this Hunters for BC organization is some how different and bases its decisions, proposals and recommendations on voices from everyone supporting it rather than self driven Alpha attitudes. Which has got us to where we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Is Bownut Al still "one of these people"?

I gave up on his lobbying for Hunters for BC after being told too many lies.
    I simply don't trust him.
    Him as well as a few others that are fairly vocal on some of the FB groups. I will not throw my support behind this gang.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Can’t speak for or against this group and can’t say bownut would be a top choice of mine but I can’t speak too highly of present representation from other groups either. My opinion take a real look and ask questions then make your choice. Voice your opinion see if they actually listen to hunters and make adjustments. Lots of hunters are not happy with how they are represented now and the only way that is going to change is if you find new representation.

At this point I say looking into any group that is willing to put in the effort to stand up is at least worth seeing what they are about/agenda. Worst case they are not worth supporting and you let them fade

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Can’t speak for or against this group and can’t say bownut would be a top choice of mine but I can’t speak too highly of present representation from other groups either. My opinion take a real look and ask questions then make your choice. Voice your opinion see if they actually listen to hunters and make adjustments. Lots of hunters are not happy with how they are represented now and the only way that is going to change is if you find new representation.

At this point I say looking into any group that is willing to put in the effort to stand up is at least worth seeing what they are about/agenda. Worst case they are not worth supporting and you let them fade
    Pretty much what I think too, I dont do facebook so....I'm going to pm my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

Posted the same time as RobU did above. I would still like to know a little more about this group, as it appears something I may well be interested in...

EDIT to Note:

I did find the website, only to realize I had already subscribed! Damn SomeTimers!!

https://huntersforbc.ca/

And for those on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/796358684144407/

Cheers,
    Nog
    Apparently ! i HAVE-HAD also Nog ! Old Timers BUT i have never heard a WORD from them ! RJ

I thought Ourea was working on something a couple seasons ago. What happened with that?
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

The fact is that as we have seen, hunters have a hard time sticking together and working to a common goal. As soon as one faction feels "their" method or type of hunting is threatened the sniping and backbiting starts. Until all the groups are willing to sit down and STAY at the table even when they "lose" something, progress will be difficult or impossible. People will Have to be involved with others they may not like, and then stay at the table when a proposal is made that directly affects them. I wish you luck but from what I've seen personal agendas always seem to get in the way and get blown out of all proportion on social media.

Trust in yourself and I'll watch how it plays out.
    I'm just a member like all the others.

Maybe some day we can meet face to face and have a positive discussion about our present wildlife declines.

As far as the lies, you must be referring to the Alberta CWD cull that was forwarded to me, sorry I was misinformed.
    On that same note, wonder how the Koots will be when they start to watch their CWD study?