Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Wildlife

Re: 2019 Wildlife

Great photos Dana.....as always!
    Thanks for taking the time to post them up.

Awesome pictures thank you for sharing.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Wow! Awesome pics Dana!

what are you using for these photos ? what gear ? if you dont mind me asking . i have a SW. DCB Canon s90 and 20 x 60 SW HD .. i somehow never get the time to collect up that many photos.
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I don't play with the ISO. I normally shoot in set modes on the camera. For wildlife I usually use the Bird Watching mode that shoots 7 continuous shots at a time. I pretty much handhold everything. The only time I use a tripod is when I put the timer on for our family portrait shots. I get what I get and don't get carried up with all the technical aspects as I neither have the time and energy to worry such things. Photography is just a hobby for me as is wildlife viewing. No presure means I can always be having fun regardless of how the images turn out. Sometimes I get $hit images that still mean the world to me because they conjur up the memory of the event. I look at the photos and they bring me back to being right there, having that once in a lifetime experience with that critter. That is what it is all about for me. Perfection is never going to be acheived and I don't care. It is the living in the moment, breathing in the experience and the reflection years later that takes me right back there. That is what does it for me.
    No ones pics are perfect. Doesnt mean "pro" photographers dont make money off them.

While I agree that turning a hobby into a business ruins the hobby, you could definitely make some side cash with the pics you get. I'm sure people would subscribe to an annual calendar and would look forward to getting it from you.

Nonetheless, great pics and nice to see you're getting out lots

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    No ones pics are perfect. Doesnt mean "pro" photographers dont make money off them.

While I agree that turning a hobby into a business ruins the hobby, you could definitely make some side cash with the pics you get. I'm sure people would subscribe to an annual calendar and would look forward to getting it from you.

Nonetheless, great pics and nice to see you're getting out lots
    Lots of photographers out there nowadays. A ton that are way better than me. While the idea of making side money sounds appealing, the reality is it takes a lot of effort and investment to only make pennies for profit. The modern age means everyone is a photographer. The phones in peoples pockets take better images than I ever could take with my ol' 35mm film camera. While people do still hang images on their walls, most don't want to pay the high cost that those images are actually worth. Most would rather put their own prints on their walls because it holds more meaning to them. To really make a living at it, you have to be 'Damn Good' to rise above the multitude of other photographers out there. Lots and lots of starving photographers out there 'Living the Dream' hahaha. Keeping your dayjob and being grounded in reality is the best advice if you ask me. I'll keep my hobby on the fun side and leave the calenders for others to try to etch out some extra cash with.

Incredible pics as always.....

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Awesome pictures Steve, a great variety of wildlife.....thanks for sharing
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Great Photos Thx For Sharing

very nice pics.