Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    My statement were made out of anger and more so "frustration".
    I stand behind my words, but there is more to it then just my simplified rant, if I am going to be totally honest.
    My take:

I suspect one of our big issues in BC is that we are very slow to "react" in regards to management.
    A simplified example would be the elk in the EK back in the late 90's.
    The Bios and regulation folks at the table reacted to the info that elk were disappearing in the EK back then.
    Which was going on a long time, and many blamed the "large" cow leh, and there was truth in that.
    And it led to reduced cow harvest and as well the 6pt restriction.
    Thing is, by that point in the late 90's, there were new issues happening...the cow issue was somewhat "old news" by that time.
    At this point, we probably had a pred issue starting to erupt as well as major logging issues in the valleys.
    And really, we still haven't addressed these newer issues, although they have actually been going on for years now!

In other words, we aren't reacting in "real time" as far as our management plan goes.
    How can you have a NA game management policy if it takes you 20 years to respond to an issue??

Plus, one more thing, not all these issues like logging are something that can be addressed in our Ministry and hunting regs.
    Its a group effort and issues.

Unless we change how we get info fast enough and if we don't address the facts that we are so low in applying the science that exists,
    we are never going to turn this around.
    ITs a big group effort and I really don't see it happening to be frank.
    On top of that, there is no political will unless it helps in getting votes from the majority of folks....in the city.
    Totally screwed and the folks at the table with these proposals are dealing with stuff with basically both arms tied behind there backs.

No money for CO's.
    No money for proper counts.
    No money to apply to good sound management.
    And no political support...just a lot of talk.

COs start at $72,000 would hardly call that nothing...

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kootenay88 View Post
    And then theres comments like the above that is a REAL understanding of over all sound management......wow.

What a crock been logged into my account ,,BCEID now for 0ver 30 min and can't find where to go to post my concerns on the new proposals for 2020 ??? where do
    I go after I have logged into my account ??? bull is what it is
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Wayne the link i sent you is where you voice your concerns, once you login on that link then just click on the individual proposals
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Wayne the link i sent you is where you voice your concerns, once you login on that link then just click on the individual proposals
    Ok thanks will try this in few min..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by kootenay88 View Post
    Has absolutely nothing to do with the issues CO's have with money.
    It might be why the Ministry/Government may not want to hire more CO's in part, but NOT what I was talking about.

The CO's don't have enough officers to be in the field, covering a lot of areas at the same time.
    The CO's don't have the money to take their work trucks into the field.
    (they aren't even allowed to take them home anymore, and if they get a call at 3 am, have to go to the office first)

Wages have nothing to do with the CO's not being able to do their job effectively.

I bet if you asked the CO's who are concerned about the XBow issues they encounter and thus the scope ban proposal now before us,
    if they would rather support the scope ban, or 50% more officers in the province with full funding to get out in the field.
    Which do you think they would prefer, which would be more effective in the long run.
    Doubt it would be in support of the scope ban then.

Thumbs down Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

... I bet if you asked the CO's who are concerned about the XBow issues they encounter and thus the scope ban proposal now before us, if they would rather support the scope ban, or 50% more officers in the province with full funding to get out in the field. Which do you think they would prefer, which would be more effective in the long run.
    Doubt it would be in support of the scope ban then.
    That particular point is moot.
    They, by their own actions, actively campaigned for an end to bowhunting only seasons, fell back to banning crossbows, then to banning scopes.

THAT is NOT their call. Asking for increased numbers, finances and supporting legislation is.
    Not this Bullshit.
    And by their social engineering aspirations, they have dropped a significant margin in my mind's eyes.

Eff them and the horse they rode in on in this particular regard.

Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 12-28-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

The CO's don't have the money to take their work trucks into the field.
    (they aren't even allowed to take them home anymore, and if they get a call at 3 am, have to go to the office first)

Wages have nothing to do with the CO's not being able to do their job effectively.
    What the hell are you talking about? This is completely false.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? This is completely false.
    Ya theres lots out there that goes on that he doesn't know about.

The only way they really hunt in Saskatchewan is over bait.
    Maybe ask around out there and see if its making deer sick and if there chronic wasting disease in that province.
    They bait deer , elk , moose , and bears. They have a shit ton of all those species. Maybe there doing something were not?