Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

So, does that mean that cattle ranchers will no longer be able to purchase this stuff?
    Are salt blocks completely banned from BC??

Anyways, I don't use them at all!...ever or have cams!.
    So it doesn't matter to me...BUT...I still think it is just more Stupid thinking by those who come up with this shit!

Yes, gone way beyond science on this stuff anymore...fully agree!

And you know why?
    Because if they do nothing. because they know they cant do anything due to no cure right now, that eventually when the disease does spread
    into BC, which it will, its inevitable at this point, they will get blamed by some who will then say "they did nothing"!!

That's the issue!
    Hunters are really divided on a great deal of issues in BC.
    One wants 4pt, the next wants Doe off limits, the next thinks this and he next guy thinks that.

We are so F'd by each and everyone one of us, and it's shows right down to our Bios and these proposals!
    Stupid is as a stupid does!
    And we have way too much of it in BC!

"We are so F'd by each and everyone one of us, and it's shows right down to our Bios and these proposals!
    And we have way too much of it in BC!"

Which is why the groups at the table must demonstrate leadership and ensure that proposals reflect their respective memberships position which should be derived from informed consultation not closed door meeting of a handful of well meaning individuals . These guys are showing up at meetings and doing their best but it is unclear where there mandate comes from, is it the formal backing of their respective organizations or are they left to be cannon fodder as has been demonstrated by many threads here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    So, does that mean that cattle ranchers will no longer be able to purchase this stuff?
    Are salt blocks completely banned from BC??

Anyways, I don't use them at all!...ever or have cams!.
    So it doesn't matter to me...BUT...I still think it is just more Stupid thinking by those who come up with this shit!

Yes, gone way beyond science on this stuff anymore...fully agree!

That's the issue!
    Hunters are really divided on a great deal of issues in BC.
    One wants 4pt, the next wants Doe off limits, the next thinks this and he next guy thinks that.

We are so F'd by each and everyone one of us, and it's shows right down to our Bios and these proposals!
    And we have way too much of it in BC!
    Sounds like its just where they want us.

My statement were made out of anger and more so "frustration".
    I stand behind my words, but there is more to it then just my simplified rant, if I am going to be totally honest.
    My take:

I suspect one of our big issues in BC is that we are very slow to "react" in regards to management.
    A simplified example would be the elk in the EK back in the late 90's.
    The Bios and regulation folks at the table reacted to the info that elk were disappearing in the EK back then.
    Which was going on a long time, and many blamed the "large" cow leh, and there was truth in that.
    And it led to reduced cow harvest and as well the 6pt restriction.
    Thing is, by that point in the late 90's, there were new issues happening...the cow issue was somewhat "old news" by that time.
    At this point, we probably had a pred issue starting to erupt as well as major logging issues in the valleys.
    And really, we still haven't addressed these newer issues, although they have actually been going on for years now!

In other words, we aren't reacting in "real time" as far as our management plan goes.
    How can you have a NA game management policy if it takes you 20 years to respond to an issue??

Plus, one more thing, not all these issues like logging are something that can be addressed in our Ministry and hunting regs.
    Its a group effort and issues.

Unless we change how we get info fast enough and if we don't address the facts that we are so low in applying the science that exists,
    we are never going to turn this around.
    ITs a big group effort and I really don't see it happening to be frank.
    On top of that, there is no political will unless it helps in getting votes from the majority of folks....in the city.
    Totally screwed and the folks at the table with these proposals are dealing with stuff with basically both arms tied behind there backs.

No money for CO's.
    No money for proper counts.
    No money to apply to good sound management.
    And no political support...just a lot of talk.

I come on here, rarely, to get out my bubble. Sadly, seeing these attitudes make this bubble seem dumb. Why oppose something that will almost certainly betefit us, the main stakeholders. Brainiacs, to reduce the spread of disease this is why restaurants wash their utensils between clients.

I don't care whether or not it passes on illness; I never have liked the concept of baiting animals. Now, there are mineral licks and it has long been common practice, especially by outfitters, to "enhance" these licks. It has also become common practice to set out salt blocks and use game cameras to see if they want to waste the energy climbing up to look for a ram or bull. I think there are some grey areas but I am all for stopping the deliberate baiting of ungulates. I am also just fine with the concept of baiting predators. I think trail cams should be out of the woods one week prior to opening day. GD

My thoughts on what I stated above post I will copy and sent this to Victoria jutland road to wildlife management and let them know my concerns..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    My thoughts on what I stated above post I will copy and sent this to Victoria jutland road to wildlife management and let them know my concerns..
    Good on you Wayne, also go to the site and you can vote for your concerns, we have till Jan 17 i think, to get our views into the survey, everyone needs to do this!!
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    I don't care whether or not it passes on illness; I never have liked the concept of baiting animals. Now, there are mineral licks and it has long been common practice, especially by outfitters, to "enhance" these licks. It has also become common practice to set out salt blocks and use game cameras to see if they want to waste the energy climbing up to look for a ram or bull. I think there are some grey areas but I am all for stopping the deliberate baiting of ungulates. I am also just fine with the concept of baiting predators. I think trail cams should be out of the woods one week prior to opening day. GD
    Nothing wrong with a different point of view.
    Being honest is fine in regards to how one sees baiting, either for or against.
    At least you are stating exactly what it is you don't like.

Some will "hide behind" baiting and agreeing with banning baiting to not spread cwd, when really they just hate baiting.

And the reality is, if you are going to ban baiting in regards to cwd, it may slow it at first, but eventually it is another useless regulation
    that did "not help prevent cwd".
    Just a regulation that had "0" impact.

And we have a ton of those! useless Regs.

We need to stop piddling around arguing over these "minor" reg changes!
    That all they do is limit hunters.
    But will never ever rectify the issues!
    Just draws it out longer folks, but the decline will happen because we never addressed the "Real issues"
    Why don't people get that????

Example of my above said post.
    Just got an email about an update on the Hunters for BC FB site.
    Took a peek and yes, it was a video for the site, and to give a little of a snapshot about what Hunters for BC are about.
    AND, of course, you can "comment" right below it.

Well, for christs sakes, right below it someone says "yes agree, we should start by making it only 4 pt season".
    Next one says "No, keep any buck, just get rid of Doe or Cow harvest"
    And the list goes on folks!
    Right there, a great example of how divided we are and worse, how far off base we are!

If one subscribes to the NA management plan, then you will see it allows for female harvests.
    And there is a tone of science behind it!
    None of the other comments those folks made has any science or studies behind it that says their way would work.

And, to boot, the thing these folks, and there are many of them in BC that aren't getting it:
    Is the issues are way deeper then just putting some regs out and thinking the new changes to hunters will fix it!

IT WONT!!
    It can help with great plans in place and a ton of effort, but all by itself, its useless.
    And we didn't get to this state of affairs in BC because our Regs were too lax.
    Nope, tons of other shit going on that created this.
    Wake up folks.