Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

^^^^^I don't feel all that sorry for him to be honest, but I like to listen to the issues others face.
    The truth is, the elk #'s in there are crap.
    So, I can see the struggle.
    I don't tend to get mixed up in someone elses business, after all, it really is his business (literally)
    Only relating how it is for him.
    Granted, if it was me, I sure wouldn't run my business model waiting for GBear to get to trophy status.
    Hunts up there to me are just as much about Internationals being able to hunt in some incredible scenic territory that they would never
    find elsewhere.

Want my honest opinion ( I generally keep that to myself as I want to be pro hunting).
    I don't think the terrain is great to have a GO in some of these watersheds.
    Very steep terrain.
    IF they were only allowed sheep and goat and Gbear, great as the going is tough and their clients have to work their asses off to hunt them.
    But, for moose and elk, the steep terrain can make it somewhat easier to sit and wait for them to just walk by.
    Considering our current situation with poor management (government wise) a really good GO could do some damage to those species in
    there.

But that's just how I feel, but would never base my personal opinion on what is really needed in the province.
    Only based on the current situation and how bad things are managed.
    In a way, no different then when we see these proposal from smart people.
    They have no choice because what is really needed is not an option for them to go after.

Take whatever issue, whatever personal belief you have as to issues in BC, and it all funnels back to one source.
    Lack of government support and money.

What is needed is a representative from each group in BC to just tackle that issue "alone".
    Form a committee and keep pounding at Heymans door.
    Not just his office door, but his own personal residence.
    That guy pisses me off like no one else in the province.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Hey BMI sorry to hear your GO friend is having to get a job, maybe line him up with BV, he seems to be doing real well, well enough to go on trophy hunts to Africa and support their country
    Never spent one minute of my life on African dirt Piper.
    You seem to worry a lot about my business for a clown I’ve never met.
    Maybe give me a call next time you’re blowing thru town....we can compare notes.

Many times I hear lack of funding for the management if we all new that every dollar we as hunters put into funds for managing our wildlife we would give more dollars to manage
    our wildlife including culling predator maybe that's what we need to do is have the fundings go to a committee that holds the funds and the money is put into culling wolves ,,etc...

If I new that my dollars was going right up front to cull predators ,,etc and not into the government hands I would be the first to give hundreds of dollars for this funding..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-02-2020 at 06:34 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Actually, it's New Years Eve, and I plan to get smashed, especially after this past weeks fiasco's.
    It's going to be 2020, but I don't consider as monumental as the year 2000.
    Which back then, found me running in my BDay suit for 8 blocks some where in frickin Surrey (exact location is a blur!?).
    Yup, the first block was awkward but by the 8th block, have to admit felt pretty "Liberating"!
    Only mistake was I showed up to the house party in cowboy boots.
    A no go for running, so bare foot I went.
    Other 5 guys had runners on.
    I dealt with the pain as there is safety in #'s.
    Getting left behind seemed independently insecure!

Just have a hang over for 2 days if all goes as planned.
    Not worried about Uber, only 2 blocks to walk.
    I am assuming this time I will be clothed.
    BMI ,,,,To funny ,,LOL me I was in bed at 8pm no drinking at all I got up at 3am feeling good ,,O ya the year has changed to 2020 ,,LOL just another day for me ,,LOL
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Never spent one minute of my life on African dirt Piper.
    You seem to worry a lot about my business for a clown I’ve never met.
    Maybe give me a call next time you’re blowing thru town....we can compare notes.
    Wouldn't waste my time, oh i will be pro guide when you are restricted to 10%, but that is a another topic which was grilled to death when we had the resident hunter protests, seems you are the clown when it comes to ranching.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Wouldn't waste my time, oh i will be pro guide when you are restricted to 10%, but that is a another topic which was grilled to death when we had the resident hunter protests, seems you are the clown when it comes to ranching.
    Is that a fact.....seems I’m still in business and your buddy isn’t.
    Should I be asking Dale what his problem is?
    You seem pretty worried about what and who I am....kind of creepy Piperdown.....a hidden stalker.
    LMAO!
    Last edited by bearvalley; 01-02-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Many times I hear lack of funding for the management if we all new that every dollar we as hunters put into funds for managing our wildlife we would give more dollars to manage
    our wildlife including culling predator maybe that's what we need to do is have the fundings go to a committee that holds the funds and the money is put into culling wolves ,,etc...

If I new that my dollars was going right up front to cull predators ,,etc and not into the government hands I would be the first to give hundreds of dollars for this funding..
    Here they would have to work pretty hard to find a predator to cull. It wasn't wolves that knocked our deer and elk down. GD

Can I just ask where "here " is appr.???? (just trying to understand where you are talking about, R4?, south or north end?)

Where I go, wolves most certainly had an impact.
    However, I think a lot of issues came from the over extensive logging.

This is why I feel sorry for folks at the table making proposals (some of them, not all of them).

If you are stuck with dick all government support, little funding year after year, and are expected to regulate the wildlife pops thru Regs,
    especially at a time where everyone knows the #'s have dropped for all species, what options are left.
    Some species you either now, due to being so bad, put them on LEH (which would be jaw dropping to think of that when it comes to elk
    in the EK, when you consider how many there once was, and the government has no plans to bring them back to former #'s but rather
    only half at best).
    And after that it gets real bad...closure if need be.

These guys at the table are in a bad spot at times.
    Cant imagine how the Bios at the table are frustrated, if they are good ones and also are a hunter.

Government wont cull.

And worse, I don't think anybody really knows what issues can come from such extreme logging.
    We have never seen logging like this in the past then this past 20 years.
    What problems has it caused?

AND THE WORST PART:
    You cant fix whats already been cut!
    Now you have to wait 30 years or so if it is found it caused severe problems for wildlife.

Yes, I get mad at the guys at the table, and then I realize what they are up against, it isn't easy.
    I just wish they would all just sign a big petition, send it to the folks they hand their proposal into, and say, we have no more reg changes, tell the government to get on board!
    Something to that effect.

The managing to "0" is a really good saying, and I feel that is where we are still heading.

Can I just ask where "here " is appr.???? (just trying to understand where you are talking about, R4?, south or north end?)

This is why I feel sorry for folks at the table making proposals (some of them, not all of them).

If you are stuck with dick all government support, little funding year after year, and are expected to regulate the wildlife pops thru Regs,
    especially at a time where everyone knows the #'s have dropped for all species, what options are left.
    Some species you either now, due to being so bad, put them on LEH (which would be jaw dropping to think of that when it comes to elk
    in the EK, when you consider how many there once was, and the government has no plans to bring them back to former #'s but rather
    only half at best).

Cant imagine how the Bios at the table are frustrated, if they are good ones and also are a hunter.

Government wont cull.

And worse, I don't think anybody really knows what issues can come from such extreme logging.

AND THE WORST PART:
    Now you have to wait 30 years or so if it is found it caused severe problems for wildlife.

Yes, I get mad at the guys at the table, and then I realize what they are up against, it isn't easy.
    I just wish they would all just sign a big petition, send it to the folks they hand their proposal into, and say, we have no more reg changes, tell the government to get on board!

The managing to "0" is a really good saying, and I feel that is where we are still heading.
    I’m quite glad logging and logging industry has taken a hit. It’s not like we didn’t see it coming. The question is did anyone learn any thing from it? Probably not because it involves money and that trumps all. Just look at our salmon returns.. proves my point. Also we need to get rid of all the filthy cattle on the landscape that’s another industry that needs to die to some degree. In the end all our fish and wildlife problems are in fact a people problem we are a virus that destroys everything for what? A gold ring copper pipes and gas. And look where we are now .. killing our selves is where. No longer sustainable. I also recognize I’m apart of the problem as well as a consumer but at least if I was told all hunting would be severely restricted to help re build I’d be all in. I’ll just hunt rabbits it’s still hunting. Change is coming unfortunately we’re going to be forced into it by our own mismanagement.

only half at best).

Government wont cull.

AND THE WORST PART:

South (1,2,3)
    The big problem with the logging, as it is done today, is that it benefits much fewer people than it did fifty years ago. The industry was deliberately turned over to the big corporations and the resource is managed, by them, for their benefit.