Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Wayne our elk on the island are taking a shit kicking for a certain user group, so all is not Rosey here!!
    Fill us on why there taking a shit kicking 15 years ago I was told by Kim brunt Nanaimo elk division office that there where 7 thousand elk strong on Vancouver island ???
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-29-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? This is completely false.
    Are you a CO?

Because I had a good relation with one and upon his retirement a couple years back, we spoke about issues and that was one point that stuck
    with me.
    They don't get to do the field work like they would like.
    Financially to a point where they had to leave trucks at the office.
    Might be different in your neck of the woods, but this was straight one on ones with the CO's.

As far as LBM, I doubt he has much one on one due to falling outs some years back.
    His life is vicariously lived thru others these days.

Like my post said Wayne a certain user group seems to think they own them, a local band here went out and shot 28 elk, to thin the herd so to speak so there wouldn't be more leh opportunities, yes some areas are doing ok other areas are not open for harvest yet as it seems they are being constantly thinned out. Lots can happen in 15 years look in your back yard for example.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Like I have said WTF are the management thinking only having region 4 no baiting salt or other ??? if they are going to make it a law no baiting with
    salt or other bait then make the enforcement it the entire provence ..
    Getting back onto the OP....
    This^^^^^^^
    How can anybody say we are going to remove "Baiting", and say "due to CWD", and then only apply it to R4?

And again, does that mean no industry can use salt blocks, leave feed out during the winter etc etc.
    Or, is this again that Hunting/Hunters and their Bait Piles are going to be the "big cause" to spread CWD??
    Really!!!?????
    And what CWD will only enter at an R4 location?
    Logical yes, but could very well come in from R8 etc

What is Alberta going to do to help curb CWD spread.
    All ranchers and farmer have to stop planting and growing due to deer congregating in the winter and spreading CWD???
    THINK ABOUT THIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ALBERTA HAS A BAIT BAN for deer, AND YET, they STILL HAVE CWD and its spreading!!!!
    Ever been to Alberta in the Winter?
    Fields with 40 WT in one corner and 80 yards away, same field, 20 MD all day, everyday.

So, somehow our little ban is going to make a difference in BC while CWD spreads up and down the border with Alberta eventually.
    That's going to keep it at bay??
    Think it is going to take a lot more then just hunters having to stop deer from congregating in BC

Hey Wayne, if you go to the proposed changes page, click on "contact us" and there is an email address you can also send it to.

FishandWildlife@gov.bc.ca
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

guest Guest

Bang on bugle.
    The proposals are laughable actually.
    Another knee jerk reaction stopping nothing.

Kind of like the GBear closure really. Pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    That particular point is moot.
    They, by their own actions, actively campaigned for an end to bowhunting only seasons, fell back to banning crossbows, then to banning scopes.

THAT is NOT their call. Asking for increased numbers, finances and supporting legislation is.
    Not this Bullshit.
    And by their social engineering aspirations, they have dropped a significant margin in my mind's eyes.

Eff them and the horse they rode in on in this particular regard.

Nog
    I know who made the call.
    But, from what I am told, "the co was asked" what issues were of concern.
    Who knows, maybe in the FOI, it will show that this is what they wanted?
    OR, it might just show that "they had issues with Xbow" and that as a group, or some anyways, came up with that proposal???

But, would you like to be in their shoes everyday?
    Yes, they can ask for funding or say they are "under manpowered" etc.
    BUT, don't WE ALL already know that!??
    WE HAVE ALL said for years (and I mean years!....like the 90's) that they don't have enough staff or funding!

So, if you were a CO, would you feel like if you just went to the boss and ask nicely, you are getting the funding...this time?
    I guess at some point, you look at other ways to make your job easier.
    Many people are like that in many industries.

Anyways, off topic from OP and I know its a stupid proposal, just like this one on Bait Ban.
    When it comes to that, you and me are on the same page that some stupid really came about for this upcoming season.

Theres nothing wrong with taking baby steps, making small changes to the things that can be easily changed
    No one is suggesting the bait ban would stop CWD but if it is a step in the right direction, used with others, why be negative about it?
    One could argue the ban of camelids for hunting does nothing for sheep, in itself is a small step, but easy enough to implement and points the right direct
    Lets get behind changes that make sense no matter how small, and find ways to build on those baby steps.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with taking baby steps, making small changes to the things that can be easily changed
    No one is suggesting the bait ban would stop CWD but if it is a step in the right direction, used with others, why be negative about it?
    One could argue the ban of camelids for hunting does nothing for sheep, in itself is a small step, but easy enough to implement and points the right direct
    Lets get behind changes that make sense no matter how small, and find ways to build on those baby steps.
    I see why many like yourself think it is at least a positive step....I get it.
    It cant hurt or make it worse.
    But, in the end "what is it going to help".

Deer aren't humans.
    When AIDS came out, you could tell people to put it in a wrapper, or don't be stupid.
    This cant really be applied to deer or by just saying okay, no more treats for you.
    It's still going to spread

Arrow Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    ... But, would you like to be in their shoes everyday? ...
    Sorry, but I have walked in those moccasins.
    And whatever their concerns were / are, that doesn't give them the right to attempt to play Social Manager at all.
    It is WELL over the line IMHO, and at this point I am openly questioning both their integrity, and their suitability to the job at hand.
    I am more than a little ticked off by this type of behavior.
    And I will NOT rest until that proposal is rescinded, or I am facing them down in a court of law.
    Period.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me