Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Quote Originally Posted by pro 111 View Post
    The only way they really hunt in Saskatchewan is over bait.
    Maybe ask around out there and see if its making deer sick and if there chronic wasting disease in that province.
    They bait deer , elk , moose , and bears. They have a shit ton of all those species. Maybe there doing something were not?
    More mis information I have friends with ranches there and friends that live there non of them hunt over bait.
    but ya lots of there mulies elk and moose are on LEH so some thing we should look into.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    More mis information I have friends with ranches there and friends that live there non of them hunt over bait.
    but ya lots of there mulies elk and moose are on LEH so some thing we should look into.
    Baiting is heavily practised in Saskatchewan. That's not misinformation.

As far as LEH - wide open farmland where you can literally see for miles is just a little different than the mountainous terrain over much of BC
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post

As far as LEH - wide open farmland where you can literally see for miles is just a little different than the mountainous terrain over much of BC

His comment was the only real way they really hunt in Saskatchewan is over bait which is not true.
    And yes different terrain that's why people have to quit comparing other places to B.C. and say it works there etc, hell each
    region of B.C. has to be looked at differently and in some areas each MU can not be compared.

guest Guest

I know of 2 fellows in Sask that harvest huge WTs and MDeer if they are drawn in Sask every year. Lots of glassing, days days and days of it. Throughout the year. They watch specific bucks grow up. Then........ stalk within bow range, or rifle depending on season dates and location of the biggys at the time. These 2 do not use baits. Bucks in the 180 to 200 plus range. The open range and habits allow this. These 2 good hunters could not do this in BC year after year.

That said for deer Sask baits. Alberta no baits allowed . Both have CWD. Both provinces are them selves HUGE BAIT PILES.

So question for all officials making decisions here in BC....... are you closing all cattle ranches, horse farms, etc etc, alphalpha fields? Removing all Salt blocks ....... is the ministry going to destroy all natural licks........ phaaack wheres it end.

BC needs to be managed each MU on its own....... until then the pointless rules continue to show up in print without sound science to back up stupid decisions like GBear, Cats Next, B Bears Wolves etc etc to Sheep Goats Deer etc.

Knee jerk reactions again. Same old same old.

Well lets just say that in my opinion i think theres alot more deer baiting in Sask then in BC. Point was if there not getting into trouble with CWD there then its probably not an issue baiting in BC. Yes they do hunt outa the picup as well . At 100 miles an hour. lol. I have lots of friends there that hunt. more than 50% of the big deer they get ,they get them of a bait pile sitting in a hut.

Like I have said WTF are the management thinking only having region 4 no baiting salt or other ??? if they are going to make it a law no baiting with
    salt or other bait then make the enforcement it the entire provence ..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

I agree with your thoughts Alberta has there regs and LEH season in place way better then BC I have been told from others that
    if you don't get an LEH draw after 5 years then your automatically picked in the fifth year for a species you have been putting in for for 5 years..

The island roosevelt LEH draw my brother in law has been putting in for elk LEH on Vancouver island evanescence the draw was in place..

I believe the LEH draw started on the Vancouver island for Roosevelt elk in the mid fifties my brother in law now is 74 go figure i ..
    What we need in BC is for our management to look into how Alberta and saskatchewan regs are in place,,it's been 31 years for me putting
    in for LEH for roosevelt on vancouver island..

Vancouver island has as many elk as all of the EK my thoughts are that the Vancouver island elk can handle more LEH draws in a calendar year..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-29-2019 at 04:34 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post

The Northern half of Saskatchewan you would be lucky to see 100yards. The mountains in B.C. provide way more visibility do to elevation changes, heavy logging, alpine, and mountain sides that are poorly suited for vegetation growth. A large portion of both Alberta/Saskatchewan is boreal forest not farm land, prairie, or badlands. It is straight up thick bush, swamp, and muskeg. This is not the only bush hunting available either

Like many others you need to realize there is a variety of different terrain/habitat in the province outside of B.C.

Wayne our elk on the island are taking a shit kicking for a certain user group, so all is not Rosey here!!
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I agree with your thoughts Alberta has there regs and LEH season in place way better then BC I have been told from others that
    if you don't get an LEH draw after 5 years then your automatically picked in the fifth year for a species you have been putting in for for 5 years..

The island roosevelt LEH draw my brother in law has been putting in for elk LEH on Vancouver island evanescence the draw was in place..

I believe the LEH draw started on the Vancouver island for Roosevelt elk in the mid fifties my brother in law now is 74 go figure i ..
    What we need in BC is for our management to look into how Alberta and saskatchewan regs are in place,,it's been 31 years for me putting
    in for LEH for roosevelt on vancouver island..

Vancouver island has as many elk as all of the EK my thoughts are that the Vancouver island elk can handle more LEH draws in a calendar year..
    Albertas priority system works great for draws with moderate odds but there reaches a point where wait times can get pretty crazy well over 10years even. On high odds draws the random system is more realistic. They only thing that could be helpful here is make it a once in a lifetime draw or an x number of years before you can apply again

Hunting under both systems I see where priority system is great for low to moderate draw odds but random like B.C. is better for high odds draws like sheep/Roosevelt elk