Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with taking baby steps, making small changes to the things that can be easily changed
    No one is suggesting the bait ban would stop CWD but if it is a step in the right direction, used with others, why be negative about it?
    One could argue the ban of camelids for hunting does nothing for sheep, in itself is a small step, but easy enough to implement and points the right direct
    Lets get behind changes that make sense no matter how small, and find ways to build on those baby steps.
    However there was scientific proof that certain diseases could spread from llamas and elpacas to sheep..

There is no such evidence regarding ungulates and baiting
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Sorry, but I have walked in those moccasins.
    And whatever their concerns were / are, that doesn't give them the right to attempt to play Social Manager at all.
    It is WELL over the line IMHO, and at this point I am openly questioning both their integrity, and their suitability to the job at hand.
    I am more than a little ticked off by this type of behavior.
    And I will NOT rest until that proposal is rescinded, or I am facing them down in a court of law.
    Period.

Nog
    I understand.
    I wasn't in the room when it went down.
    Also, I don't know these individuals, how they are at the table or in person either.
    So, I wont speculate on that.

My big concern, and what I worry wont be found in any FOI, is who said what and when and why.
    I suspect that some talks went on, not so much about the "Actual scope ban portion" but how that tied in with possibly doing away with BOS
    due to harvest level concerns in R6 (possibly in part due to XBows being so popular??), BUT, that this portion of the discussion/s as they
    came together, where done behind closed doors, or thru private discussions that not all that have a right to be at the table were privy to.
    I think the Bow folks biggest concern was actually that which I stated above.

So, who "whispered" to whom AND as stated in the past, who let it just happen because it would benefit them and didn't stand up and
    say WTF?

I sure hope you can find those answers out, because to be that is even more concerning then the actual proposal.
    I the proposal gets dropped, you might be happy.
    But I wont be, because there is more to it then just crummy policy decisions.

Only have to go back to the whole GOABC Allocation Policy, and who was allowed in the room and who wasn't to see how that ended up.
    Scars that will remain forever, imo.
    Not something we need going forward in making Hunting/Wildlife Situation better in BC for all types of hunters and game.

Again, I am with you on your direction.
    Sincerely...good luck.

Arrow Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I the proposal gets dropped, you might be happy.
    But I wont be, because there is more to it then just crummy policy decisions...
    I will be somewhat satisfied.
    Happy? Nope!
    I actually abhor both the policies and procedures they way they are currently set up.
    And I am FAR from alone in that.
    I fully intend on jumping right into the matter as hard as I can.
    Methinks the province, or at least those currently at the helm, will shortly have reason to detest me as much as I do them.

BTW: The GOABC is on our side in this matter.
    Continuously tossing out perceived Sins Of The Past do not promote moving forward at this juncture.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    However there was scientific proof that certain diseases could spread from llamas and elpacas to sheep..

There is no such evidence regarding ungulates and baiting
    The possibility is slim, yet the proactive step was to ban them for hunting.
    Nothing to do with hiking and packing, but the move that could be played was played. Baby step

CWD spreads through contact, baiting can increase contact, baiting for hunters may be out.
    Nothing to do with hay fields or urban flower boxes or salt licks for cattle, but a move. Baby steps
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    I will be somewhat satisfied.
    Happy? Nope!
    I actually abhor both the policies and procedures they way they are currently set up.
    And I am FAR from alone in that.
    I fully intend on jumping right into the matter as hard as I can.
    Methinks the province, or at least those currently at the helm, will shortly have reason to detest me as much as I do them.

BTW: The GOABC is on our side in this matter.
    Continuously tossing out perceived Sins Of The Past do not promote moving forward at this juncture.

Nog
    I only meant with the GOABC, that if things aren't "Transparent" like back then, there can be a lot of resentment.
    Go look at my first few posts on that scope thread and you will see that I was originally thinking that the Bow guys were up to something,
    and wanted answers, until I saw some other stuff to see it wasn't them.
    Very easy to go down the wrong path.
    So, I was just trying to avoid another big divide like that Allocation thing produced.
    Wasn't trying to open the wound, and besides, just like this issue at hand, cant hide from the truth.
    Just like both the scope ban issue and this OP about bait ban.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    The possibility is slim, yet the proactive step was to ban them for hunting.
    Nothing to do with hiking and packing, but the move that could be played was played. Baby step

CWD spreads through contact, baiting can increase contact, baiting for hunters may be out.
    Nothing to do with hay fields or urban flower boxes or salt licks for cattle, but a move. Baby steps
    Funny, not too long ago I was in the wrong by commenting on taking really long shots (that I don't support it for the most part) and was pointed out that I was creating a deeper wedge in the hunting community...creating further divide.

And now we have bait ban due to cwd (that we all agree, will not stop it from coming to BC, just slow it slightly, and yes, about as slow in stopping it thru this ban like a baby actually steps)
    And what really ends up happening is those that oppose baiting are happy while another group is pissed off.

Then you have the Scope ban, which will do what exactly?????
    Doubt it will actually rectify any of the real issues in the end (maybe I am wrong on that, but am certain about this....)
    Some hunters hate XBow and think its cheating to use in Bow Season, while others will be yet again, pissed off.

And you know what, both the bait ban and the XBow ban, if implemented, will basically hurt I high% of our Bow hunting Community of
    Hunters, as many (not all) do use this tactic or equipment in their hunting.

So great...more divide coming to a province near us...oh wait, our province.
    And considering some of the real big issues, this is the best we can come up with?
    And why, because the government/Ministry does not/ will not deal with the real truth/problems.
    So, got to come up with something I suppose.
    Love it.

Yes, CWD is an unfortunate thing coming to BC and most I don't think really now how bad it could or could not be down the road.
    I know it's not a "don't worry about it issue"
    Many should be concerned.

So, if we take this baby step as hunters.....how long do we give all the other players in BC to also take the same steps/precautions??
    Who know, if CWD gets out of hand, they will probably re-implement the baiting and then ask us to cull off entire herds I suppose.
    Either way...bad news and not really a solution...imo.

Say a deer or elk has CWD they like a salt block in a farmers field what happens next ??? My thoughts are that the next animal that licks this salt have a good chance of getting CWD..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-30-2019 at 05:28 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Hey Wayne, if you go to the proposed changes page, click on "contact us" and there is an email address you can also send it to.

FishandWildlife@gov.bc.ca

Thanks Mike will keep this in mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Getting back onto the OP....
    This^^^^^^^
    How can anybody say we are going to remove "Baiting", and say "due to CWD", and then only apply it to R4?

And again, does that mean no industry can use salt blocks, leave feed out during the winter etc etc.
    Or, is this again that Hunting/Hunters and their Bait Piles are going to be the "big cause" to spread CWD??
    Really!!!?????
    And what CWD will only enter at an R4 location?
    Logical yes, but could very well come in from R8 etc

What is Alberta going to do to help curb CWD spread.
    All ranchers and farmer have to stop planting and growing due to deer congregating in the winter and spreading CWD???
    THINK ABOUT THIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ALBERTA HAS A BAIT BAN for deer, AND YET, they STILL HAVE CWD and its spreading!!!!
    Ever been to Alberta in the Winter?
    Fields with 40 WT in one corner and 80 yards away, same field, 20 MD all day, everyday.

So, somehow our little ban is going to make a difference in BC while CWD spreads up and down the border with Alberta eventually.
    That's going to keep it at bay??
    Think it is going to take a lot more then just hunters having to stop deer from congregating in BC
    Good Post wording BME and so true..

Thank you for taking the time to write.

Due to the high volume of incoming messages, this is an automated response to let you know that the Fish and Aquatic Habitat Branch and the Wildlife and Habitat Branch in the
    Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development has received your email.

For more information and to access the
    2018 - 2020 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis or the
    2017 - 2019 Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis online, please visithttp://www.env.gov.bc.ca./fw/

Thanks Rocksteady for putting me on the right track