Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horseback Hunt HOWTO?

Re: Horseback Hunt HOWTO?

If your out-of-country friend is happy to tag along as a tourist that's probably okay. But what about hiring a string of horse and a wrangler? You do the hunting and direct where you want to go and everything, your buddy comes along for company and the wrangler does his job. That way the owner knows the horses will be attended to properly.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

There are outfits that do this type of thing. GOABC would be an excellent place to start! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    You can absolutely do that. There is a guy who will rent you a fully outfitted pack string and saddle horses. Tell him where you want them dropped off and when you will be out and he’ll be there.

A few guys on the site have down it as far as I know.

Way cheaper than buying horses and gear.
    My bad, I stand corrected.

Blows my mind that someone would do that.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Actually the guy out of McBride puts you through a course before he rents you horses. Big Boar did it and liked it.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Quote Originally Posted by dracb View Post
    Actually the guy out of McBride puts you through a course before he rents you horses. Big Boar did it and liked it.
    Blue creek outfitters, I believe!

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Many years ago there was a dude ranch in Coquitlam that would rent out mountain trail trained horses
    to anyone asking. He charged exorbitant prices though, especially for his best gun trained horse which
    I unsuccessfully tried to buy. I had such a horse myself and there's absolutely no way I would rent or
    lend it to anyone I didn't know.