Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2019 Northern Adventure

Re: 2019 Northern Adventure

Great adventure Dana, Thanks for sharing I used to live in Yellowknife and Hay River you brought back some memories

Awesome Pics Steve - Thks for Sharing ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G1 View Post
    Dana, would almost swear that you found my pic card's, been up to the Yukon 5 times in the last 9 yrs and sure missed it this past yr, it is one of the nicest places in Canada to visit and spend the summer's, we have always had a good time and everybody would ask about the bugs, can honestly count on my hands how many times we had a problem, the one spot that was the worse was Engineer Creek and were warned ahead of time to bypass and go up the road another few k and no bugs. would move to the Yukon in a heart beat if it wasn't for the wife and her friend's here, found the weather is about the same as Clearwater lately. Sure enjoyed your pics as they brought back a lot of memories.
    Thanks. I certainly believe I'm addicted to the North and will be back many more times. Everytime up, It leaves me longing to see and do more. Would love to do the Dempster during the caribou migration one year. This last trip was planned on our anniversary which wasn't the ideal time to see caribou. But seeing the Midnight Sun at the Arctic Ocean as we ate cake was definitely a memory I will never forget. I was warned about Engineer Creek and only pulled into the campsite to use the pithouses. By far the most evil bugs on the entire highway. I personally found the bugs to be mild compared to what I am used to working in in areas like the Tree Farm here in Clearwater.

Quote Originally Posted by john-brennan View Post
    Great adventure Dana, Thanks for sharing I used to live in Yellowknife and Hay River you brought back some memories
    Thinking that a family roadtrip to Yellowknife would be great for this upcoming summer. Just starting the research phase of my planning.

Love it!! Incredible country up there!! Thanks for posting Stephen.....Merry Christmas!! By the way, where was your son for this trip? Who's the tall, young fella in those pics?
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Thinking that a family roadtrip to Yellowknife would be great for this upcoming summer. Just starting the research phase of my planning.
    Selwyn Lake is on my list.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Very cool...thanks for taking the time

looks like an amazing trip. Fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

We went up to Tuk last year, too. Hmm, we stopped there for a picture there, too. Where is the pingo picture ? chuckle.

We pull a 20' travel trailer with a one ton p/u. We budget 20L per 100Km. But get usually between 13 to 19. Passing on the hill sections of the Coq gives me the 19.

BC trips worth doing

Over the Hurley to Bridge
    Up the Kettle to the head waters
    Bella Colla (sp) though the Gang ranch and the Chilkotin

Use the backroads while we still have them . You can't drive to Benitik (sp) Arm anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    You will love it, make sure you take your fishing rods it is fantastic for all species.

Cheers
    John