Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Northern Adventure

Re: 2019 Northern Adventure

Awesome pictorial of your trip Dana, great to see a family out enjoying life together, in the wilderness with a tent to boot! Thanks so much for sharing your story and your amazing photography with us, hope you and yours have the most Merry Christmas yet and all the best for the year to come!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Yeah you were lucky, it could have turned your trip into a nightmare.
    One would think when you get your lug nuts torqued right before you leave, you'd be good. Definitely a good thing I lost the wheel with such a soft and gentle landing. When doing trips with older vehicles, you have to prepare yourself for worse case scenerios. It is always in the back of your mind that $hit can happen at any time.

Great post!!...Awesome pics!!..I did the trip in ‘98 and the scenery just blew me away. I hauled my Starcraft tent trailer all the way to Inuvik without issues, although I did get a flat on the truck, pulled into Arctic Red and the tire guy fixed me right up, still have the bits of shale he found in the tire lol.

I don’t think I would trust a Coleman tent to stand up to that rain but it looks like you made out alright!..I’m definitely feeling the urge to go back with my kids now and drive all the way to Tuk.

Thank you for this inspirational post.
    Your photos are wonderful and I am really impressed you were able to do this trip with your family.

Awesome pics! 1st gen Xterra, I have almost 400,000k on mine.

This, and your posts last year has made us decide to camp / road trip to the Yukon and back this summer. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your photography.

merry Xmas to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    Awesome pics! 1st gen Xterra, I have almost 400,000k on mine.
    I'm getting damn close to that 400 mark on mine as well. 365 IIRC. Just picked up a second one this fall that is a year older but in much better shape. The 'new' one I call Beauty and my 'old' one I call Beast. Amazing vehicles.
    Last edited by dana; 12-24-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    This, and your posts last year has made us decide to camp / road trip to the Yukon and back this summer. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your photography.

merry Xmas to you and your family.
    Glad you made the trip. There is just something about that North country that gets in your soul and won't let go. I'm already planning my next trip North. Thinking I need to explore more of the NWT so a road trip to Yellowknife is in the works for next summer.

Thanks for sharing Dana, as close as I might ever get to that country.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Your photos are never a disappointment
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................