Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best call for wolf?

Re: Best call for wolf?

A friend was out scouting for wolf sign yesterday and found a kill.He made a quick stand down wind where he could see if a wolf was crossing an old logging road.Started calling on his rabbit distress call.Sure enough within 2 minutes he heard a wolf howl.It circled down wind like he figured might happen and he bagged a wolf.

thx ..i thought they were legal but its buried in the regs somewhere...hoping to get out sooner than later..weather permitting.

Page 15 in current regs

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    Howling, with or without a call, seems to work !
    Agree

I watched a YouTube video where a guy in Monatana was having good success with a calf moose distress call. Otherwise like most others have said howling is good as well as rabbit distress calls.

So kind of off topic but i am heading up to the cabin next week in 6-04, forecast is for low of -39 Anyone know if this would screw my wolf hunting other than freezing my dick off, any tips would be appreciated... on the wolf hunting
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    So kind of off topic but i am heading up to the cabin next week in 6-04, forecast is for low of -39 Anyone know if this would screw my wolf hunting other than freezing my dick off, any tips would be appreciated... on the wolf hunting
    Had guns not fire due to cold

Here's my set up.

1 mile up wind, set up stereo with helicopter sound and a bowl of kerosene
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I've called one in about 100 yards from me but he wouldn't show himself, he must of hung around howling at me for at least 45 min, funny enough I was sighting in my 30-06 and he would howl everytime I fired, after sighting in I howled him in but he always stayed in behind trees.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Had guns not fire due to cold
    Yes noted, no oil, cleaned very well and wiped dry
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit