Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ‘Endangered’ Orca’s

The ‘Endangered’ Orca’s

Yup, we bought it....all the rhetoric about the’endangered’ Orca’s s that were ‘on the verge of extinction’ ( climate change,of course) so they virtualy shut down our fishery,put countless people out of work and deprived me of my favourite recreation....( the guide I fished with for over 20 years sold his boat,house and moved back east...) course we KNOW the Chinook salmon stocks were shrinking,along with the size ,but the obvious solution- put more fish in the system like they did stateside, restoring their recreational salmon fishery to numbers not seen in decades, was ignored up here with predictable results...but lo and behold,the truth will out,the ‘endangered Orca’s’weren’t endangered afterall,in fact their numbers have INCREASED three fold( the environmental guys living off ‘Studies’ never tell you this) and susprise, surprise, these Northern Orcas are fat and healthy eat Chinook, lots of them... but don’t tell anybody...cause all ‘taxpayer funded studies’ conclude ‘more study is needed’...you think I’m cynical?...you better believe I am...we sat and watched while the DFO sat on their hands, took our licence money and IGNORED the obvious solution...stream enhancement, Hatcheries ,admit that seal and seal lions are major predators whose numbers have burgeoned( they actualy eat returning salmon at the tiver mouth ) and get the fish farms contained and on land...not rocket science,but even if we started right now it will still take decades to restore our salmon stocks ,as the Americans found out but better late than never and studying it until l the last Chinook has gone.Sooke recreational fisherman have been pen raising and releasing smolts,it’s not that dificult to figure out
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 12-23-2019 at 09:05 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The ‘Endangered’ Orca’s

Everybody with a balanced outlook and a critical eye already knew the SRKW were at historical levels. There was enough information out there to look into it without too much effort.

But, sensationalism sells, and MSM is the purveyor, bought and sold.

Its shameful what "information" has become.

Source for increase in population? Can't find it with a quick google search.

Northern Orca population trippled Google the article in Vancouver Sun last week..maybe somebody can post it.The one positive thing is the transients have moved in ( the eco wackos conveniently don’t mention that,ruins their story) cleaning up on the pinopeds ....they aren’t stupid)
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 12-23-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Not to mention the SRKW have actually largely abandoned our waters for more southern areas...

SRKW aren’t stupid,preditors go where the food is ,you think they have survived and thrived by refusing to relocate?

Arrow Re: The ‘Endangered’ Orca’s

The single largest problem facing Salmon is their so-called "management" in Canada.
    Left to their own devices, this form of Political Mismanagement At It's Finest will drive them into oblivion.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

From what I have heard the chilliwack hatchery has been funded to double their Chinook output for the next 5 years. Unfortunately that just means more white springs in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanonthevedder View Post
    From what I have heard the chilliwack hatchery has been funded to double their Chinook output for the next 5 years. Unfortunately that just means more white springs in the fall.
    And what is wrong with white springs ????
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Nothing wrong with white springs,that’s all we used to get in Brentwood years ago..
    right now ,between Christmas and New Years is when we used to fish Todd inlet ,wire lines and planers ,PAL dodgers and ‘strip’...used to be world class coho fishing ( bucktailing ) there too...Cowichan was the big producer
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 12-23-2019 at 05:51 PM.