Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: your chance to give input to 2020-2022 hunting reg changes

Re: your chance to give input to 2020-2022 hunting reg changes

Quote Originally Posted by b72471 View Post
    Read some of the proposals and haven't figured out how to leave comments, anyway I'm sure they don't bother to read them.
    The one on archery being moved to LEH because of cross bows??? Some provinces have moved cross bow out of archery season, could do that here and leave archery season alone.
    Hhmmm so how old are you, how long have you bow hunted?? I'll let you in on a little thing called age, when one gets older and the body is not what it used to be it is nice to adapt and maybe pick up a crossbow to still enjoy the thrill of the chase, get in close to try and harvest a fine animal, but hey that's ok enjoy it while you are young because you won't have the opportunity when you get old.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by b72471 View Post
    Read some of the proposals and haven't figured out how to leave comments, anyway I'm sure they don't bother to read them.
    The one on archery being moved to LEH because of cross bows??? Some provinces have moved cross bow out of archery season, could do that here and leave archery season alone.
    It's a good thing you can't comment with that attitude.
    Leave hunter opportunity alone and deal with wildlife management!

Well, age probably older than you. attitude that changed a long time ago. I hunt B.C. & Alberta. Alberta has move crossbows out of archery season. I'm thinking it's only for archery season, regular season you can use the scoped up cross bow, if you choose.
    I'm also agreeing with the elimination of trail cams during hunting season. On private land these cams give no cover for game and has changed the whole concept of fair chase.

definition of a precision guided firearm "

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    definition of a precision guided firearm "
    This one has me concerned! Some government officials feel a rangefinder is a "guided firearm"!!

Thumbs down Re: your chance to give input to 2020-2022 hunting reg changes

The response from the BCWF is actually a quite underwhelming:

This, from the Fed's home page, doesn't look much like a rebuttal of the crossbow proposal to me. In fact, it appears somewhat defensive of their actions which leads me to believe they voted in favor of this BS:

"Regulation Proposal: “Prohibit the use of scopes on bows during bow-only seasons”

We have been hearing from members concerned with one of the proposals in the hunting/trapping regulation engagement process regarding the elimination of scopes on bows during bow-only seasons.

The proposal that was discussed at the Provincial Hunting and Trapping Advisory Team’s subcommittee on “hunting methods” was to “regulate electronic, magnifying, or telescopic sights on short range weapons (bows) during special weapon seasons.” Government has chosen to modify the intent of the proposal and to focus on crossbows in their posting on the engagement website and the accompanying rationale.

The BCWF supports the use of archery/bow-only seasons as a means of increasing hunting opportunities. The focus of the hunting methods sub-committee, when discussing this proposal, was to maintain archery-only hunting seasons that include crossbows. The committee is not a decision-making body and only provides advice to government regarding hunting methods.

Government is in the process of reviewing and updating the hunter harvest questionnaire and the BCWF has asked for the government to collect more data on hunting methods, whether it be vertical bows, crossbows or rifles.

The scopes regulation proposal is posted, and input from the public will ultimately influence the outcome.

Here is the link to the proposed regulations regarding crossbows apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/content/scopes-bows-during-bow-only-seasons

Remember, you will need your BCeID number to comment."

bcwf.bc.ca/hunting-and-trapping-regulations-engagement-open/

I sat on this a few days while I waited for the Fed to get back to me on the matter. After having reached out to the Fed (again) I sadly got nothing but crickets in return. From the above, and their lack of response (weeks) it appears that they are fine with this, and so have lost any chance of my support at this time whatsoever.

The government continues it's shenanigans on all proposals. you can vote and comment, but you cannot see, nor alter your own comment, nor anyone else's. Many believe this is being done so they can say the majority of the public sided in favor of their suggestions, when in fact that may well not be the case. Getting tired of all the ass-covering going on here...

Regards - Matt
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 01-09-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Yes, yes we do! Don't get me wrong, the chance to hunt and even see these beasts in the wild is incredible but they are non-native and heavy on resources. It's the same as letting a bunch of beef cattle into your favourite hunting spot......which they already do and isn't OK in my books! I don't really think a GOS is the answer here though, instead extend Bison LEH draws into other areas. From the other parts of the article regarding moose cut backs in the same area I assume this might be an appeasement to some moose hunters? Of course there is always something to be said for animals that thrive in ever changing habitat.......

Made comments online, fairly simple process. I am opposed to the banning of scopes on cross bows during archery season - no valid wildlife management reason. Modern compound bows have as much range as a crossbow, and scopes may result in better shot placement which could lead to quicker/cleaner kills with fewer wounded animals. Opposed to Pink Mountain closures. Made the point that reduced opportunities through closures, reduced seasons, LEH and antler restrictions have failed to this point. The issue IMHO is unregulated harvest, predation and habitat loss. I stated that conservation of wildlife populations should be a concern for all users regardless of race. Any closure if imposed should apply to all groups and any initiatives proposed to improve fair chase must be observed by all users e.g. infrared optics and pit lamping. I also stated that government must collect harvest data from all groups including FN or data is worthless.

They're not picking on actual rangefinders, instead they're looking to ban the super expensive scopes that have rangefinding and targeting capabililty, an item that only people with really big pockets can afford. I think a lot of hunters here don't realize how many people are dropping into BC and just looking to kill things, money is no object. A number of these proposed bans are targeting those kind of people.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    This one has me concerned! Some government officials feel a rangefinder is a "guided firearm"!!
    Reaching a bit there..