Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: your chance to give input to 2020-2022 hunting reg changes

Re: your chance to give input to 2020-2022 hunting reg changes

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...life-1.5403401

No mention about wolves and other predators being an issue....no mention of unregulated fn hunting either. Too political for the politicians...
    Check out the proposed caribou hunt closure in zone 6-27 and the rationale for it. FN hunting features prominently in that rationale.
    Comments by those who have responded are strongly opposed.
    A very divisive issue and the proposed reg change only adds to the problem
    Semper in excretum altum

Has anyone been able to enter comments in the past few days? I was able to enter some comments last week, then tried again a couple days ago and the website message said they were down for maintenance.
    that message is gone and i can log in fine, it will let me vote, but will not open a comment box.
    ive emailed them to report the problem.
    common issue? Or just my browser? Thx

7000 thousand elk in the trench, f*ck me how many years ago was it that the ranchers were crying about too many elk so lets have a cow season, the govt doesn't have a clue
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Most of the Region 7 proposals seem to be there in order for first nations to have greater opportunities to harvest the moose and elk they need for food and ceremonial purposes. As far as I am concerned they already have more opportunities than the rest of us do.
    I hope that a lot of our members are commenting on the proposals. Remember there is a deadline for submissions!

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    Most of the Region 7 proposals seem to be there in order for first nations to have greater opportunities to harvest the moose and elk they need for food and ceremonial purposes. As far as I am concerned they already have more opportunities than the rest of us do.
    I hope that a lot of our members are commenting on the proposals. Remember there is a deadline for submissions!
    Indians are ALWAYS going to trump us for Opportunities - Especially with the NDP- john WHOREGAN bowing down to them ! jmo RJ

It seems that the website allows a comment to be entered on an item once, but there is no ability to go back and update your comment.
    I am opposed to the proposed restriction of scopes on crossbows during archery season. This is elitist behaviour by those using compound bows, especially when there is no discussion of banning the technology available to compound bow users to increase accuracy such as this new electronic rangefinding pinsite from Garmin. https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/613654
    the proposed reg change wording expresses concern about targeting game out to 100 yards. This device advertises ranging game to 100 yards, and reflective targets to 300 yards.
    You cannot stop the use of technology to harvest game if its not a level playing field for all users.
    Last edited by steve-r; 01-05-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Just finished commenting on many of these proposals and encourage everyone to take the time to do so.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    So what is a precision guided fire arm?
    Self adjusting scopes, basically point and kill whatever youre shooting at even if youre a horrible shot, takes the need to have any sort of skill out of hunting

A GOS for bison because they're being seen outside of LEH boundaries, it would be nice to actually have a chance to hunt them without a limited entry but what's bad about having more bison? Just because they're expanding we have to knock them back down?

Read some of the proposals and haven't figured out how to leave comments, anyway I'm sure they don't bother to read them.
    The one on archery being moved to LEH because of cross bows??? Some provinces have moved cross bow out of archery season, could do that here and leave archery season alone.