Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOLF CULL last chance. Deadline today.

WOLF CULL last chance. Deadline today.

caribou.recovery@gov.bc.ca

Last day to voice your opinion and let the government know WE support the wolf cull.

The antis are all over face book right now on their laptops from Starbucks on Main Street doing everything thing in their power to ban the wolf cull.

we all know the state of wildlife right now, this year especially the wolves seemed out of control where I hunt. Please take 5 min to send a email saying YOU support the cull.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: WOLF CULL last chance. Deadline today.

is there a link to the original page?

Done.......
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Done ..........
    Blacktailaholic

Already done.........

also done...
    My Video Camera = Panasonic HDC-SD90

My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/markt308

Done and done

Done and Done

[Done, figured I'd share my $0.02]

Province of British Columbia,

I would like to voice my opinion in support of caribou recovery.

I’ve spent my entire life living in BC. Both growing up in an urban Vancouver setting, and in the more rural settings of Prince George and Vernon. I know the tension we have between the stereotypical urban and rural ideologies. The topic of this wolf cull is certainly an example of that. But I hope the final decision will come down to what is best for caribou. Not due to which social groups emailed more passionately, or which social groups make up the BC majority.

So I’m not emailing to ask for a wolf cull to support better hunting, although I’m an avid hunter. I’m also not emailing to ask for a wolf cull because I believe it’s the only thing I can do as a resource sector worker. I don’t believe it is. However, as a Province I think we must be honest with ourselves and accept responsibility for the fact that our human impact has forever changed our lands and wildlife. There is no more any nature without some aspect of industrial impact, and our industrial impact hasn’t affected all BC wildlife the same. Some species have benefited, some modestly adapt, and some blatantly struggle.

Caribou blatantly struggle. And before we can enact meaningful resource reform and meaningful habitat restoration, they’ll likely be too devastated to recover. That’s where I support a wolf cull, and the overall need to manage our wildlife from both sides. Increasing some and decreasing others, to best mimic what balance our BC wildlife had prior to our existence. So if your best research indicates that wolves are a more adaptable species, a quicker breeding species, and a species that can accept the burden of a cull, please do so as one part of a thorough caribou recovery plan.

I’ll in turn do my part and try to change the social perceptions of; hunters as anger-filled wolf killers, rural residents as only caring about resources instead of wolves and caribou, and in general as a BC resident who accepts responsibility for my human impacts that require drastic social changes that a wolf cull could never overcome.

Thanks, I hope sending this email can help support a two-sided discussion.
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

Little late, but done.