Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Permit to Accompany Program

Re: BC Permit to Accompany Program

It’s funny, I think I may have ran into semper a couple years back on the mountain. I came around a corner and there he was standing in the middle of the road having a budweiser and some haggard looking sandwich staring towards the ditch line. Once I stopped, and assessed the situation, I realized his old Big red trike was flipped over on its side in the ditch.

Apparently he was cruising at a good clip looking for a big elk for his buddy he was accompanying from out of province. Well he came around the corner a little hot and was leaning into it as he should but then his lunch shifted on the front rack and caused the old gal to roll. He had 4-5 days worth of lunch stuffed into his one day serving pouch and it spilled all over. Upon my arrival there were at least 6 sandwiches strewn all over, lettuce, cheese, ham all over the mainline. 6 or 7 of them pep and ched sticks, 3 or 4 packs of fig newtons and a half carcass from one of them rotisserie birds you get from superstore along with a half container of the heart attack macaroni salad which he was still pecking at with his sandwich.

‘Woah son,’ I said, you alright big fella? ‘Sure am,’ just caught a stone the wrong way which bucked me off. ‘Your rifle okay? I said. What rifle? Well you’re hunting aren’t you? Then the squirming happened, um ooh ahh, well actually I am accompanying my friend from outta province. I’m not actually hunting, I’m accompanying my friend on a permit to accompany. Just one friend I asked? Based on the lunch size, I figured there had to be a small army in tow looking for their tenderized sandwich and finger food rotisserie chicken appy fresh with mainline dirt for seasoning. Nope, just me and him he insisted, well there were enough Budweiser all road-Rashed up across the road for at least 4 men but ol semper sure looked thirsty.

I helped him get the ol trike upright again prior to heading out. It had a real nice sheep hide seat cover. Apparently it was from a spences bridge ewe.

Alas it was time for me to carry on down the road. I bid farewell to him and wished him a good remainder of the season with his accompanying crew.

Fast forward 5 days and I was on my way out of the valley and wouldn’t you know it, I run into him again. He was trying to load up the trike and the ol gal got a little rammy on him and he put her up top the cab of his little D50 Datsun pickup. The trike was still running, teetering on the cab and semper was lying in the box slightly stunned. Turns out he had ran outta sandwiches and decided to have a liquid lunch that day which ultimately led to the loading issue. I was trying to leave but he kept rambling on about all his adventures up the muskwa for elk accompanying buddies, talking about radio code and what piperdown meant and how to squeeze a full elk into a suitcase if you only took the prime cuts. I started to get a little uneasy with what I was all hearing so I helped the big fella roll over in the box so he didn’t swallow his tongue and I turned off the trike for him so he would have enough gas to go wheeling with his buddies that evening. Anyways, that was the last I seen of what I think may have been ol semper and I’m glad to hear he is still carrying on carrying on.... Soar high eagle, soar high....

WOW ! Thats quite the Storey ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    I googled your handle Semper, seems its a name of a race horse.... latin.... wonder if your a Trojan Horse?
    I too did the same but it came back as Jackass, so we are close on that. Thick that is one of the best posts ever on HBC, i owe you a beer my friend if we ever meet.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Angry Jelvis has entered the site .Or is it Rocko ?

Quote Originally Posted by thick View Post
    It’s funny, I think I may have ran into semper a couple years back on the mountain. I came around a corner and there he was standing in the middle of the road having a budweiser and some haggard looking sandwich staring towards the ditch line. Once I stopped, and assessed the situation, I realized his old Big red trike was flipped over on its side in the ditch.

Apparently he was cruising at a good clip looking for a big elk for his buddy he was accompanying from out of province. Well he came around the corner a little hot and was leaning into it as he should but then his lunch shifted on the front rack and caused the old gal to roll. He had 4-5 days worth of lunch stuffed into his one day serving pouch and it spilled all over. Upon my arrival there were at least 6 sandwiches strewn all over, lettuce, cheese, ham all over the mainline. 6 or 7 of them pep and ched sticks, 3 or 4 packs of fig newtons and a half carcass from one of them rotisserie birds you get from superstore along with a half container of the heart attack macaroni salad which he was still pecking at with his sandwich.

‘Woah son,’ I said, you alright big fella? ‘Sure am,’ just caught a stone the wrong way which bucked me off. ‘Your rifle okay? I said. What rifle? Well you’re hunting aren’t you? Then the squirming happened, um ooh ahh, well actually I am accompanying my friend from outta province. I’m not actually hunting, I’m accompanying my friend on a permit to accompany. Just one friend I asked? Based on the lunch size, I figured there had to be a small army in tow looking for their tenderized sandwich and finger food rotisserie chicken appy fresh with mainline dirt for seasoning. Nope, just me and him he insisted, well there were enough Budweiser all road-Rashed up across the road for at least 4 men but ol semper sure looked thirsty.

I helped him get the ol trike upright again prior to heading out. It had a real nice sheep hide seat cover. Apparently it was from a spences bridge ewe.

Alas it was time for me to carry on down the road. I bid farewell to him and wished him a good remainder of the season with his accompanying crew.

Fast forward 5 days and I was on my way out of the valley and wouldn’t you know it, I run into him again. He was trying to load up the trike and the ol gal got a little rammy on him and he put her up top the cab of his little D50 Datsun pickup. The trike was still running, teetering on the cab and semper was lying in the box slightly stunned. Turns out he had ran outta sandwiches and decided to have a liquid lunch that day which ultimately led to the loading issue. I was trying to leave but he kept rambling on about all his adventures up the muskwa for elk accompanying buddies, talking about radio code and what piperdown meant and how to squeeze a full elk into a suitcase if you only took the prime cuts. I started to get a little uneasy with what I was all hearing so I helped the big fella roll over in the box so he didn’t swallow his tongue and I turned off the trike for him so he would have enough gas to go wheeling with his buddies that evening. Anyways, that was the last I seen of what I think may have been ol semper and I’m glad to hear he is still carrying on carrying on.... Soar high eagle, soar high....

Wow, now that’s creative writing. Hmmmm, if I could have written like that in school my teacher wouldn’t have yelled at me. Can’t wait to see a hunting story written by you 👍👍👍
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by thick View Post

Now that sounds believable lol

Semper Semper with a bad temper........smokes the weed to do his dirty deed.....packs a lunch to feed a bunch.....rides high towards the sky.......makes it last a little longer with Big Red.

Big Red Semp with a bad temp
    I have let more 6 point bull elk walk than most hunters have ever seen in their entire life. Stop shooting 5 point bulls and leaving them to rot. Identify the target before squeezing the trigger.

What the actual fck is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    What the actual fck is going on here?
    don’t even try to understand just roll with it lol

The boys what uses the permit to accompany program are angry that a fat, old man with a bad temper and a big red trike would DARE suggest that the permits be denied until such time that the wildlife populations return to numbers that can sustain the additional hunting pressure. For some, a reduction in permit to accompany issuance affects the bottom line and affordability of thier own hunts.
    I have let more 6 point bull elk walk than most hunters have ever seen in their entire life. Stop shooting 5 point bulls and leaving them to rot. Identify the target before squeezing the trigger.