Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Permit to Accompany Program

Re: BC Permit to Accompany Program

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    My only concern rests with the recovery of the ungulate population in this province. I have lived here all of my life and hunted all of my life. 60 plus years of hunting. Same goes for salmon.

I have never been so sad about anything as the current state of this province.
    Maybe you should take up Blacktail deer Huntin if your looking for something challenging to hunt .....

I would like to see it expanded so I could "guide" some of my American cousins whose parents and GFs were born in Nelson. I also have friends living in the US who were born in Canada, and it should be automatic for their approvals.......has not been thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Always gold... stay golden pony boy
    Roger that....the outsiders.....golden ponyboy....socs vs. greasers
    I have let more 6 point bull elk walk than most hunters have ever seen in their entire life. Stop shooting 5 point bulls and leaving them to rot. Identify the target before squeezing the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by whognu View Post
    i was away........aimlessly, and sad to say fruitlessly, chasing whitey...........

yet while away, i might have missed something of utmost importance and interest

question: did the mods initiate a contest (with excellent prizes) for the member that opened the most new threads and carried on in the most unproductive and inane, antagonistic way possible?

cuz if they did, i want in

yet the racehorse might have already built an insurmountable lead........

xo

That post is actually Gold.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Very few use the program and permit will not be approved if it’s deemed a species or species in a location that area is deemed too low of a population. So no bighorn, lots of caribou, and some MT goat areas will not be approved

Don’t worry that hosted hunter will also pay a large trophy fee beyond all the cost of non res tags and license so it generated way more $ than if you took that animal

I agree. Thanks for the input. With regards to the tag,license, and trophy fees on a per animal basis: Yes, a successful accompanied hunter does drop a few more shekels into the black hole for sure.

But the lowly resident hunter who lives in BC and hunts regularly spends a fortune on fuel, booze, chew, motor oil, antifreeze, tires, and speeding fines and the tax and fee portion of those expenditures also goes into the black hole.
    I have let more 6 point bull elk walk than most hunters have ever seen in their entire life. Stop shooting 5 point bulls and leaving them to rot. Identify the target before squeezing the trigger.

What is the current status of the permit to accompany program? Has this program been restricted or cancelled?

I read about all kinds ridiculous regulation proposals that do nothing to enhance wildlife numbers and am wondering.
    The Permit to Accompany program is alive and well. I have used it for the past 2 years to accompany my brother on a hunt moose.
    There is a very good description of the program on the Gov't website https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...t-to-accompany
    It is only available in areas where there is a general open season.
    If there are concerns about ungulate populations, the govt biologists will apply LEH , reduced open seasons, antler restrictions or some other form of limitation.
    Eliminating the permit to accompany program will not effectively manage ungulate populations in my opinion.
    There are other methods that government could implement, for example predator control, that would have far greater impact on populations of deer/moose/elk/sheep/caribou
    Semper in excretum altum

Are you still guiding for sheep in Lytton and spences bridge? Or did the C.O finally catch up with you?

Semper ? I’m curious

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Are you still guiding for sheep in Lytton and spences bridge? Or did the C.O finally catch up with you?
    Never, ever worked as a guide. I leave that to the licensed perfessunals. I have never hunted for sheep in Lytton or Spences Bridge. A Bridge Too Far......... Only Koots, Fraser, northern rockies, and Rat a Tat.

I prefer goat hunting over sheep hunting. Much less douchiness in the goat patch. Goat hunters are the real mountain men.

Semp
    Last edited by SemperAurum; 12-19-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Oogle by Google. Big giant Trojan condom man I am

A LOT of SIMILARITY to JELVIS showing up ! RJ