Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Permit to Accompany Program

BC Permit to Accompany Program

What is the current status of the permit to accompany program? Has this program been restricted or cancelled?

I read about all kinds ridiculous regulation proposals that do nothing to enhance wildlife numbers and am wondering.
    I have let more 6 point bull elk walk than most hunters have ever seen in their entire life. Stop shooting 5 point bulls and leaving them to rot. Identify the target before squeezing the trigger.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC Permit to Accompany Program

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    What is the current status of the permit to accompany program? Has this program been restricted or cancelled?

I read about all kinds ridiculous regulation proposals that do nothing to enhance wildlife numbers and am wondering.
    All the information you need is in the hunting regs

You can e mail the government ya know .
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

When one considers the low ungulate numbers and the predator problems in BC, a restrction or curtailment would be a sensible way to reduce harvest without affecting resident hunter opportunity. Especially in 7-50 and region 4 for elk.
    I have let more 6 point bull elk walk than most hunters have ever seen in their entire life. Stop shooting 5 point bulls and leaving them to rot. Identify the target before squeezing the trigger.

When one considers the low ungulate numbers and the predator problems in BC, a restrction or curtailment would be a sensible way to reduce harvest without affecting resident hunter opportunity. Especially in 7-50 and region 4 for elk.
    What does one have to do with the other??? Are you looking for permit to accompany or resident hunter opportunity? You sound like Andrew Weaver.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Thumbs down Re: BC Permit to Accompany Program

Get over yourself.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

The permit to accompany are not automatic. I have gotten a permit to host my brother in law for Vancouver Island Spring Bear, but was denied a permit for Reg 4 mule deer. I inquired and was told the poulations of GOS mule deer the MU's I wanted to hunt were low and thats why my permit was denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    What does one have to do with the other??? Are you looking for permit to accompany or resident hunter opportunity? You sound like Andrew Weaver.

I have Weaver bases on my go to elk gun. I am not looking for a permt to accompany.

I am simply asking if consideration has been given to cancelling or curtailing the program?

seems to me to be a great way to reduce harvest without affecting BC resident opportunty - especially in areas of low elk numbers and high predation such as 7-50 or 4-1 thru 100.

Semp

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to invite my buddy over from Ontario to enjoy hunting here. As well, i get to go there once in a while. I've been a resident of both provinces. Nice that we can share in Canada...

it's already an application, so if conservation is a problem, they can simply deny...what needs to change?

I googled your handle Semper, seems its a name of a race horse.... latin.... wonder if your a Trojan Horse?