Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KUIU clothing opinions?

Re: KUIU clothing opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Another for the Yukon, I am almost thinking of getting a solid green one for daily use.....
    Me too. Like the Loden

Some of you have too much money Seriously, I appreciate all the feedback and opinions... hasn't made my decision any easier, though It sounds like as has been stated they make some good stuff. I have very good Gore Tex Swazi gear, lots of fleece, and Merino base layers, but I do need to round out my layers with the Kuiu. I honestly thought it would be easier... so much to choose from!

Yukon pants and jacket + Yukon pro gloves for rain gear.

Attack pants and gloves for dry early season.

I have tons of their other stuff but those are my top picks.

Attack pants, Chugach rain gear, Peloton 240 full zip Hoody, Superdown pants (zip-offs) and hooded jacket, Guide gloves and zip-off synthetic 200 weight long johns. I like all of them and with purchases spread out from 2011 to present the initial cost didn’t kill the hunting budget in any year. All work very well for mountain hunting/back packing.

I see a lot of reviews comment about the sizing being very small. I'm 6 ft. and about 210-215 lbs. I hope to lose some of that... How would you guys rate the sizing and any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    I see a lot of reviews comment about the sizing being very small. I'm 6 ft. and about 210-215 lbs. I hope to lose some of that... How would you guys rate the sizing and any recommendations?
    their pants sizing calculator is amazing and was spot on for me. Both pants and jacket turned out to be one size up from what I normally buy, which is unusual for American clothing. I am usually a 32 wait, and 34 attack pants are perfect. Jacket I am normally a “m” and had to exchange for a “L”

As for the “hard to pick” - I call that a “champagne problem to have” Are you missing something for a specific use case? Which one? Otherwise: sounds like you won a prize so try out something new and enjoy the high quality. Like others said the peloton 240 hoodie for example can be worn allmost all year round and is super comfy

I'm 6'1" and have been anywhere from 200 to 230 in an XL yukon jacket and a XXL down jacket. Everything fits better when I'm lighter. I think the pants are a 36 but can't recall for sure but I pretty much always have a layer underneath them so I like a little extra room.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Yukon pant and Chugach pant for sheep hunting. No complaints and no leaks having the jacket for 6 years now. The jacket did get warrantied at 4 years but only because of a YYK zipper malfunction. They sent me out a replacement immediately, prior to me returning the damaged one as I explained I had another hunt in a week. I have tiburon pants and shorts which are awesome, Yukon gloves (I find I don’t really use them) and some of there merino base layer which I won’t buy anymore only because a Costco merino for $20 is unbeatable.

Exact same size as me. Im xl in most things and 36 attack pant.

Same size in attacks as blue jeans...36. L bottom wear fits well...Chugach and zip-off super down.