Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call Recomendations?

Call Recomendations?

It’s my first season hunting ducks,I have been using a Buck Gardner Double Nasty with pretty good success,calling ducks down into the decoys (I’ve spent lots of time on YouTube and practicing when not in the blind and it seems to have paid off.)
    I am looking to invest more/upgrade my calls or add one or two for different tones or situations.For instance I have heard the Zink PC-2 can be a good softer companion call but thought I would hit the forums up for some advice and see what folks recommend.

Appreciate it as always guys
    Greg

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Call Recomendations?

Nothing wrong with Double Nasty call I use it all time and RNT calls too. My friend has $135.00 Zink duck call. The sound is about same as my calls.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

So far I am a big fan of the Double Nasty,justvlooking to fill out the lanyard with viable options.I’ll look into the RNT’s,any particular models?

Can't remember the model. I look it up tomorrow when I used it. My old favor used to be Faulks duck call.

It is not so much what call works well for someone else but what works well for you. Stuff like the amount of air you are able to put through them are big factors. I like Buck Gardner and Blacktail calls as well as Hunter specialties work well for me but Faulks and Knight and Hale sound like $hit when I blow them. It's not the price it is what works for any given individual. If you are having success with Buck Gardners then stick with them they make a number of different toned calls. I have a Double Nasty II, Big Water and a Mallard Magic and 6 in 1 whistle on my Lanyard.
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 12-20-2019 at 10:06 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Ive got the 6 in 1 whistle too,I’ve been looking at the Mallard Magic one,would you say it’s a good companion to the Double Nasty,Foxton?

RNT Quack Head duck call.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDeuce View Post
    Ive got the 6 in 1 whistle too,I’ve been looking at the Mallard Magic one,would you say it’s a good companion to the Double Nasty,Foxton?
    Personally I'd get the Big Water first then if you feel the need to put one in between get the Magic, but DNII and BW should do you till you start to get really refined with you tones and volume. I believe The RNTs are not bad calls but I find them over priced for the tone you get out of them. JMO
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 12-21-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Thanks for the input Foxton.Appreciated.

Lost my duck call yesterday. I am looking at getting the RNT Daisy cutter but seems like I can only order it from the U.S. Does anyone have this call and if so, did you find a Canadian supplier?