Once you learn how to blow a duck call get an acrylic single reed. I love the sound of wood, but wood swells a lot in our climate so they aren't much use past about mid November. There are a million different makers. Join " call nutz" on face book. There is a big difference in sound and flexibility with a well build single reed over anything mentioned in this thread and anything you can get off the self at your local sporting store. A good duck caller can make any duck call sounds decent. The better the call the better the sound.

The truth is 90% of people have no idea how to call ducks or sound horrible and still kill ducks. If you want to consistently kill ducks, in all conditions, learn how to call and invest in a high quality call. I personally have a Lewis call company and Blindside Calls ( brad samples) single reeds and a Ben shook Yellow cedar burl whistle on my lanyard.

For a high quality production made acrylic a Lares Hybrid is probably the best call on the market.

To Biohazardhands i dont know of any RNT Canadian suppliers but i own an older Daisey cutter and short barrel and they are both all duck .