Thread: New Shot Gun for Xmas 2019

Cool New Shot Gun for Xmas 2019

Hey everyone,

Firstly, I got my PAL back in 2008 because of my interest for hunting. But I didn’t end up pulling the trigger and life happened to me (had kids) and of course it became less of a priority for me. After many months of research and years of deliberating I finally purchased my very first firearm! I’m finally in a spot where I can enjoy my success and spend some time to pursue the things I’ve always dreamed of! I was researching pump action shotguns for the longest time but when I saw the opportunity for a semi auto ... I had to take it! I’m the excited owner of a Mossberg 930 pro series waterfowl from Cabelas. I got it for a great price and I’m really happy about my purchase. Now I’m looking for some advice on how to break it in. Any suggestions out there? I’m new to firearms, shotguns and hunting so any and all advice would be welcome!

Happy hunting and Merry Xmas everyone!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A3264900-3E1B-404F-8C28-DC3CB3F66C24.jpg  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Shot Gun for Xmas 2019

Can't wait for Xmas of 2019!

What model/year is your DeLorean??

Haha!

Haven't personally handled a 930, but they are Gas operated so it should be good to go with whatever ammo you choose to start out with.
    Recoil guns sometimes need heavier shells to start out with to get things wearing together. Or so I've heard. None of mine have.

Congrats on your xmas present! Only 7 more days!! (on our current space/time continual)

Great Scott!

My Delorean is 1985 of course complete with flux capacitor!

I heard there was a place in boundary bay that is a firearms discharge area that I could go to pop off some shells. Have you ever been there before? It's not too far from where I am. I'd love to find a place I can drive to closely just to "pop" off!

Sounds like you don't have a range membership. If you like and don't mind driving out to Poco, you can come to the range with me (as guest, I think it's around 15 bucks) and blast away...

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieApocalypse View Post
    Great Scott!

My Delorean is 1985 of course complete with flux capacitor!

I heard there was a place in boundary bay that is a firearms discharge area that I could go to pop off some shells. Have you ever been there before? It's not too far from where I am. I'd love to find a place I can drive to closely just to "pop" off!

Congrats on your purchase!

I broke down for the Black Friday deals and picked up a Browning Maxus semi-auto at Cabelas (almost $400 off with rebate), I took it out a few times hunting but wouldn't mind getting out to the range for more practice, time to join one I guess!

exactly!!! Although I've been very patient I saw a pretty good offer and couldn't ignore it! What a great excuse to buy a shotgun... just gotta get something nice for the wife now She wasn't too happy even though I told her I was gonna do it!