Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed NEW elk season in Region 5

Proposed NEW elk season in Region 5

Hmmm in todays paper government is proposing a NEW elk season...LEH.. for region 5..it lists several areas.

It also announces a proposed prohibition of PRECISION GUIDED FIREARMS or PGF, s..
    Rifles that act as a rangefinder and condition sensor..computerized scopes..

Hmmmmm
    srupp

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Proposed NEW elk season in Region 5

I have to agree with the prohibition of PGF'S.We have too many "Cool Toys" for taking animals down.Whats wrong with hunting the old fashioned way?

Quote Originally Posted by markomoose View Post
    I have to agree with the prohibition of PGF'S.We have too many "Cool Toys" for taking animals down.Whats wrong with hunting the old fashioned way?

I agree with you!!

If the level of accuracy increases so there is less wounding and loss of wounded animals then prohibition is stupid.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    If the level of accuracy increases so there is less wounding and loss of wounded animals then prohibition is stupid.
    Problem is it could lead to more mistakes, ppl not practicing and becoming proficient with their weapon, and over confidence in taking risky shots...

I agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Some technologies can make us less skilled though. Look at what backup cameras have done to peoples' driving/parking abilities. Yes, they let us get real close to other vehicles but too many of us rely on now and would be screwed if was removed from the vehicle. or another example is a gps in a car. We somehow forgot how to drive across town.
    my point on this is a fancy scope technology might make some feel more skilled. When they have no business attempting the shot in the first place but now feel as though they have super hunting abilities.

I think this would be good, too bad that it's not a GOS season for 6 pt, put the fear of man into them, scare them away from the stewards of the land that shoot everything and anything not just mature Bulls...

X2 Completely Agree ! RJ

Agree also. I remember the old days no quads,google earth, GPS units,map systems on phones, fancy target turret scopes, range finders, trail cams, fancy clothes etc. Not knocking any of it or anyone but don't need any of it to get animals. Marketers having a field day with hunters, just like golfers every year a new club that will make you a better golfer.