Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting regulation change consultation

Re: Hunting regulation change consultation

Quote Originally Posted by sthdslayer View Post
    https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/hunting

This is your opportunity to provide input to the recommended changes
    Thanks for posting that up.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    So they are banning all spear hunting because with the rational that animals are maimed, suffer and die. I wonder what the stats on that actually are? How many people spear hunt and is the ratio of animals suffering more or less than rifles?

Also, the banning of "chase only" season for cougars does not seem scientific. Does this not instill fear of humans and dogs in cougars? Isn't that a good thing for both humans and cougars?

It seems like SOME of these proposed changes are for PR. Watch next election they will campaign about how they saved animals from being maimed by all these hunters running around with spears... and stopped those poor little cougars from being terrified for no reason at all!
    Having a chase only season runs the risk of chasing a cat off its kill or having its kill be lost to other scavengers. It would definitely increase the kill rate of the cougar. This happens all season long already to small cats and she cats with kittens. Some areas literally have way too many cat hunters chasing cats nonstop. This alone could cause a substantial additional decline to ungulates that we just can’t afford. Cats are very proficient killers, they can pretty much kill when ever they feel like. For many yrs in the EK there was far too much cat chasing and not enough cat killing and the ungulates paid the price. You can’t have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    Just curious about your thoughts on Oct instead of Nov LEH whitetail doe draw in 5?
    Welllll.... it's part of my selfish I wanna hunt big mule deer plan based on anecdotal wishful thinking.

In my perfect world for ME, I'd have any MD & WT buck, youth/senior antlerless MD & WT all in October. 4 point MD and any WT buck for the first 10 days of November. Close for the rut (except WT bucks) then open on the 20th for all deer until Dec 24th for archery...

But that is strictly tailored for me. Scientifically... could be a shit show.

I can see the proposals but how does one provide input ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    I can see the proposals but how does one provide input ?
    Gotta log in to your BCID. Click the link, then look for login.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Gotta log in to your BCID. Click the link, then look for login.
    Thanks appreciate it

Welllll.... it's part of my selfish I wanna hunt big mule deer plan based on anecdotal wishful thinking.

In my perfect world for ME, I'd have any MD & WT buck, youth/senior antlerless MD & WT all in October. 4 point MD and any WT buck for the first 10 days of November. Close for the rut (except WT bucks) then open on the 20th for all deer until Dec 24th for archery...

Close the rut?

Hunters like you make me sick.

Worried too much about managing (restricting) other hunters instead of the scientific based management that also gives a wide range of people in the province great opportunities to get out and do what we love to do.

Close down the best hunting opportunity during the year, SMH. How does that thought even enter your brain?

Managing hunters to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloin View Post
    Close the rut?

Hunters like you make me sick.

Worried too much about managing (restricting) other hunters instead of the scientific based management that also gives a wide range of people in the province great opportunities to get out and do what we love to do.

Close down the best hunting opportunity during the year, SMH. How does that thought even enter your brain?

Managing hunters to zero.
    Woah, if you'really sick eat some soda crackers and drink a ginger ale...

#1... they already shut down the antlered mule deer season in region 5 in November.

#2... my hypothetical idea allows for more opportunity for youth and senior hunters.

#3... if I really wanted exclusive hunting rights, I'd wish that hunting was shut down for everyone except for me.

#5... if you actually get out hunting instead of posting fear mongering threads of articles you find on the Internet, you'll be a lot happier.

Just how is closing the rut going to help anything? Please explain. The rut happens and deer all get pregnant regardless of a hunting season or not. The region 5 rut restriction has done nothing to improve the number or quality of deer in the province. It did ruin a family tradition for me. Just a stupid regulation that has zero positive impact and no scientific backing. If you don't agree with hunting the rut don't hunt it! But I have a sneaky suspicion you're like everyone else and you just travel to an area that is open and hunt the rut.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    Just how is closing the rut going to help anything? Please explain. The rut happens and deer all get pregnant regardless of a hunting season or not. The region 5 rut restriction has done nothing to improve the number or quality of deer in the province. It did ruin a family tradition for me. Just a stupid regulation that has zero positive impact and no scientific backing. If you don't agree with hunting the rut don't hunt it! But I have a sneaky suspicion you're like everyone else and you just travel to an area that is open and hunt the rut.
    Guess I'm defending something I don't even believe in.

I'll paraphrase you... closing the rut has zero positive impact and no scientific backing.

Well... scientifically... when it''s peak rut, deer get stupid making them much more susceptible to 2 legged predators.

I wrote that regulation change idea saying at the end, scientifically it could be a shit show. Meaning my idea isn't based on any science at all.

Ideally during the rut closure I go goat hunting. So technically yes, I would go somewhere else to hunt during the rut closure. This year I did go to kamloops to hunt during the rut closure to do some exploring. Between the thieves and vehicle problems 2km into the trip, it didn't happen. I also don't really need that week open to get a deer.

Last 2 seasons I haven't killed a deer by choice. And before 2017 it was 5 years since I killed a deer. I could get a deer every year if I wanted to... there''s lots of opportunity to hunt. And when they brought in the rut closure, they did take away that week just for you.