Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I hope everyone that joins a range this year asks to opt out of a bcwf membership this year if allowed to. Time to join a real org that supports hunters and wildlife and doesn’t try to divide hunters.
    would it be better if the Fed did't support any type of archery season at all ? If very few archery-only opps are for conservation specifically , and most are an offering for a special interest group, maybe the hunt shouldn't be supported at all ? Would an extra 9 days of rifle at the beginning of Sept really have an impact on game?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    So the train of thought has been going on for a long time, including through the term of the past president. Why expect something different? Its not like the Fed has changed colours or running a different flag. Can't fault them for staying true.
    What u glass over ( I’m sure accidentally. NOT ). Is that new blood did try to get involved , old boys club did a hatchet job on them ( you know the old boys club well ) nothing about bcwf is as they try to appear, if your shot was at me. I was a fed member for four years in my life , hardly old boys club . Think u will ever take a position on anything or ...or just continue being a snowflake?

Or are you saying the feds are staying true to not support hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    In the new proposed regulation changes for the upcoming bow season, BCWF has given there support to banning crossbow scopes, this would effectively ban crossbows for alot of current hunters....VERY SAD

https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/hunting
    This is Complete BULL SHIT ! Iron sight's or Scope on Rifles - Pins or Scope on Cross bows or REG Bows - Who gives a SHIT - Theres already too God Dam MANY Rules and Regulations ! I am against the BAN ! RJ

No shots D, just saying peeps need not be surprised, nothing has changed so why expect something different
    Think u will ever take a position on anything or
    I gave my quarts of blood, time to sit back and chill
    Last edited by boxhitch; 12-14-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I hope everyone that joins a range this year asks to opt out of a bcwf membership this year if allowed to. Time to join a real org that supports hunters and wildlife and doesn’t try to divide hunters.

You have in your sigline

WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member

Is this the same WSSBC that is also named as supporting this proposed no scopes on crossbows regulation?

Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    This is Complete BULL SHIT ! Iron sight's or Scope on Rifles - Pins or Scope on Cross bows or REG Bows - Who gives a SHIT - Theres already too God Dam MANY Rules and Regulations ! I am against the BAN ! RJ
    I am also against the ban. Ridculous rule. Absolutely ridiculous.

I see absolutely no reason to have a special archery only season for any animal. Just get rid of the damn thing. Its 9 days at the front end and 9 days at the back end on some species. Does not amount to a hill of beans.

If you like archery hunting use a bow or crossbow. I you prefer rifle hunting use a gun.

I quit using my crossbow years ago. For me it was nothing more than a time waster to practice and pain in the ass to carry around. Had a few wounded animals get away on me and that sealed the deal.

As Gates pointed out in an earlier post, if this is about distance strictly about distance then what about compound bows. New compound bow technology is making 70 yard shots quite feasible. I don't practice nearly as much as I should (and that is why I didn't take part in the archer season this year) but even was able to keep 3 arrows in about a 12" Circle at 60 yards just screwing around on a whim at the end of a session when I was already tired (the range I use has huge targets. I wasn't worries about losing arrows just face). 70 yards is nearly double the 40 yards that the regulation change is arguing. How can you attack one type of bow for one reason and ignore the other even though it is just as capable? I will be righting all of the groups listed as supporting this ban.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Just speculating here, but I suspect:
    It's a glass half full situation for BCWF. You can have a complete ban on Crossbows in Archery season, or you can have a ban on scopes - you choose..

Divide and conquer smh. Why attack compounds because crossbows are being attacked. As far as 70 or80 yards shots at game with a compound is ludicrous. Targets are a different story. If someone wants to use a crossbow to hunt archery season go for it they have been around for a long time . Yes technology has gotten better ,that's the good part about man. Maybe they should ban quads, pickups and scopes with high tech shooting systems. I hope some here see the ridiculousness of some comments here. We should stick together. And when you can get that 12" circle at 60 down to a 4" circle then maybe maybe you can shoot at game mr hood.
    Last edited by Hunter gatherer; 12-15-2019 at 06:16 AM.